Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Landlord Issue....Advice Needed

[ QUOTE ]
if it's the principal, then hire a lawyer that specializes in this. why ask a bunch of strangers that don't live in your city, and have no expertise on the subject, and aren't a bunch of uptight nits?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, go straight to the cops and have them assign a detective to the case.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:25 PM

Either way you are a complete moron. First you clearly state that the lease says you will "Pay $35 for water" then you say that the lease says you will pay half of the total water bill.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Either way you are a complete moron. First you clearly state that the lease says you will "Pay $35 for water" then you say that the lease says you will pay half of the total water bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's changing his story so he sounds like less of an idiot.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:29 PM

Many states do have statutes that override lease clauses. For example, in Texas, a landlord is required to install a keyless deadbolt on all doors, regardless of what the lease says.

So check your state's landlord/tenant statutes and see if there's anything about how the utilities must be billed.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's changing his story so he sounds like less of an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus,

Look, the main reason I posted this thread was to ask advice about the electrical outlets not working and where to find if this is a codes violation. Also, I was looking for advice on how to approach this with the landlord.

So is this a violation of code? Does anyone know that? Does anyone know where to find building codes for Philadelphia online?

How should I approach this with the landlord? I already talked to her about it, but whats next, certified letter? How long do I give her to fix it? Whats a reasonable time? Its pretty critical because I cant run an AC or a fan in the room and its about 100 degrees here now.

That was the meat of the post, those things I was asking advice on.

Yeah, the water issue is a concern, but obviously not as important as the electricity. So I skimmed over some details intially, but I tried to fix them in later posts. I apoligize for my initial errors.

But its all really useless dealing with the majority of people on here who make personal attacks on here. So, lock this thread and if anyone can offer real advice, send me a pm.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many states do have statutes that override lease clauses. For example, in Texas, a landlord is required to install a keyless deadbolt on all doors, regardless of what the lease says.

So check your state's landlord/tenant statutes and see if there's anything about how the utilities must be billed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your good advice.

Mods lock delete this thread whenever you want. I apoligize for posting.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...but I know some lawyers frequent this board and I was looking for some free advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

But very few of them probably have experience dealing with the developmentally disabled.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:36 PM

lol
Old 08-08-2007, 02:37 PM

I still dont understand why people come to OOT with their problems.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:37 PM

I still don't understand what the lease says... either way it sounds like you're angleshooting (pardon poker reference)

If you KNEW you were using $70/month in water, would this even be an issue? Anyway I think you should just pay the $35... nobody is trying to screw you. As for the electrical sockets, I think you have a case. Probably in your state there Renter's Association or some such group that advocates renters' rights. Give them a call.

P.S. In the summer my water bill can run as high as $300/month

Edit to add: I don't think this issue has to do with building code violations, it is a landlord/tenant law issue.