Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Landlord Issue....Advice Needed

Running the water all day to make your landlord change the completely fair flat rate water fee is dumb and wrong. Running the water all day to make your landlord fix the outlets, though, is brilliant.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whats the harm in not paying at all?

getting thrown out of your apartment, and making it hard to ever rent another one. You were stupid enough to sign the lease with that clause, so personally I think the onus is completely on you. The outlet thing is a different subject and completely [censored], and Id demand that get fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]]

yah, i dont' even get why the water thing is even an issue. it was in lease. you knew about it. live with it.

as for the electricity thing, i'd demand it be fixed.

this is a no brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its in the lease, but Im arguing that really doesnt matter. My argument is that I should only have to pay for the water I am using and if she cant determine that, I dont have to pay. She is billing me illegally and she can't do that regardless of what the lease says.

Any lawyers out there who can comment on that?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

getting thrown out of your apartment, and making it hard to ever rent another one. You were stupid enough to sign the lease with that clause, so personally I think the onus is completely on you. The outlet thing is a different subject and completely [censored], and Id demand that get fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]]

yah, i dont' even get why the water thing is even an issue. it was in lease. you knew about it. live with it.

this is a no brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its in the lease, but Im arguing that really doesnt matter. My argument is that I should only have to pay for the water I am using and if she cant determine that, I dont have to pay. She is billing me illegally and she can't do that regardless of what the lease says.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, good luck with that.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, its in the lease, but Im arguing that really doesnt matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? It does matter, you agreed to pay it. Word is bond.

YOU SIGNED THE [censored] LEASE!

It doesnt matter what she is charging because you signed your name agreeing to pay it. What dont you understand?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It doesnt matter what she is charging because you signed your name agreeing to pay it. What dont you understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I should clarified this earlier, but the 35$ a month was the average cost last year across both units. Im sure she just took the water bill and divided it by 2 for each unit.

Now my issue is that I agreed to the pay (in my lease) approximately 35$ a month for water in my unit. She has no way to determine how much water I use and therefore can not bill me the total bill of both units divided by 2.

I signed a lease for my unit only. Thats the big issue. My lease is just for one unit. There is no way to determine the water use for my unit only. I didnt sign a lease for both units, but rather just one unit.

I agreed to pay for water, for my unit only.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]]

this is a no brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? In a lot of buildings it is standard for there not to be individual water meters, and thus the water is built into the rent. But whether the water bill is built into the rent or you pay separate flat fee doesn't matter. If the landlord weren't charging you a separate fee, she would just have added an extra $35 the rent.

1) Learn some basic [censored] economics
2) You knew about this from the beginning and agreed to it so stop complaining
Old 08-08-2007, 02:02 PM

WTF pay the water fee, who cares, don't be a douche tenant, you signed it and it's not a bad deal anyway.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should clarified this earlier, but the 35$ a month was the average cost last year across both units. Im sure she just took the water bill and divided it by 2 for each unit.

Now my issue is that I agreed to the pay (in my lease) approximately 35$ a month for water in my unit. She has no way to determine how much water I use and therefore can not bill me the total bill of both units divided by 2.

I signed a lease for my unit only. Thats the big issue. My lease is just for one unit. There is no way to determine the water use for my unit only. I didnt sign a lease for both units, but rather just one unit.

I agreed to pay for water, for my unit only.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now my issue is that I agreed to the pay (in my lease) approximately 35$ a month for water in my unit.

Stop posting. This is over. You agreed to pay 35$ a month in exchange for water, there is no more too it. If she asks for 36$, or 34$ then you can keep posting, but until she does, you are in the wrong and should just forget about it.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are dumb. She doesn't need to prove anything because YOU ALREADY SIGNED AN AGREEMENT SAYING YOU WILL PAY THE FEE.