Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Final table \"bubble-fund\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
F Karma, and F the bubbleboy. If you want your lousy $100 buyin back so bad, go win it in the cash game like everyone else. Who's being the cheapo here? Play to win with a nutsack. Enough with these pussy deals. Deals in general are BS. The point of tournament poker is to be the last man standing. Not be one of the last five or six standing then chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, being as I'm a woman, I don't have a nutsack (sorry, couldn't resist).

Seriously though, how about you stop being such a hard a*s about it, hmm?

Anyone who's been playing poker a long time, likes deals, simply because no one likes to play for 8 to 10 hrs and bust out with nothing to show for it.

With a cash game, you can pick your tables and your seat. If you're running bad, you can change tables/seats. Tournament, no such thing is allowed.

Give you time, you'll change your mind after being the bubble person a few more times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont you simply state your opinion instead of being a patronizing little twit, hmm? (Sorry, couldnt resist)

Seriously though, anyone who's played tournaments for awhile knows the real money is in the top spots, not in saving your buyin.

Give you time, you'll change your mind after cashing in the top 3 a few more times.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Give up the $10 ya cheapo. One day you'll be on the bubble hoping everyone is decent to you.

Also, there shouldn't be an agreement on this UNTIL you're down to the bubble. The reason is once you get to the bubble and do the $10 deal it speeds up action. Many times on the bubble noone wants to get in action until they make the money. once you get to the bubble and make the offer people are more at ease and the action begins again.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ridiculous, I want them playing tight and badly. And I don't 'expect' people to be nice to me when I'm the bubble boy. I couldn't give a rat's ass about not making the money. You can sometimes double your stack by stealing the blinds in tournaments where everyone is shortstacked. If the bubble isn't there, now you have people calling allin with A3o because they don't care anymore, but they can be folding kings if they really want to cash.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gobbo - do you really think that the same bubble strategy exists for $1K+ buy-in as for a $65 buy-in tourney?

I say give up the $10 ... we are not talking about a lot of money here and people aren't going to play just to cash as much as they would in a large buy-in tournament, so you're really not losing that much of an advantage.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:41 AM

In March, I cashed at 2 poker Tournys in AC.

Both times, when the bubble was close a player would speak up about everyone chipping $10 bucks & $5 respectfully at the 2 games.

I had no problem at all "chipping in" to fund the bubble people. I thought it was cool for Poker Players to step-up (not the House) and pay back their entry fee to someone who came so close to money.

Your Karma, in this matter will vary- mine is +ev.