Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: KQs BB facing WTF raise

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so what about a 4bet to ~50, folding to a shove. only an idiot would bluff-shove then (but who lrr anyways besides an idiot?)

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree but lets 4bet to like 80 before folding to the shove, that way we KNOW he has the goods if he pushes in....

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with this line is that his push so obviously CANNOT be a bluff if you 4bet to $80 that it's the perfect spot for him to bluff, so i think that line is better with total garbage like 84o

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone even look at the full hand and all the details before responding? SB has just over $80 to begin the hand. He was being sarcastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY!

i guess i should have said "the problem with this line is that his push so obviously CANNOT be a bluff because he'll only be pushing $4 more dollars" so the joke wouldn't go over anyone's head
Old 07-30-2007, 04:17 PM

I'm so bad at not looking at the initial action. I'd shove here because villain doesn't have anything.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:42 PM

I fold to the 3bet without a read that this guy's capable of doing weird spewy stuff or I've been pissing Villain off. I'm surprised so many people think this is some kind of limp/resteal, it looks like a terribly played TT+ to me. "I'm gonna slowplay to keep these suckers in the pot, NICE I got raised, RERAISE!!"
Old 07-30-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold to the 3bet without a read that this guy's capable of doing weird spewy stuff or I've been pissing Villain off. I'm surprised so many people think this is some kind of limp/resteal, it looks like a terribly played TT+ to me. "I'm gonna slowplay to keep these suckers in the pot, NICE I got raised, RERAISE!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've seen, 20/9's (or whatever the guy is) don't limp behind/rr from the SB.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand why you'd shove in this spot. He's set up some sort of trap and his raise isnt very big so it looks like he wants action.

Even if he's got a med PP whats the point shoving when he's not gonna fold since he set things up to get the money in PF and your 50-50 at best.

As played I would call the raise since we've got position on the raiser. however, I've got no problem checking KQ in the BB

[/ QUOTE ]

If this guy is aggressive at all, then I shove. Coinflipping with money in the pot (especially someone elses) is always +EV

Does anyone with a brain really lrr AA,KK,QQ from the SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does someone with a brain lrr with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If I hadn't been doing this before, I'd be convinced it was a good play now. I especially limp in with this range with little or no action in front of me if I have a reasonable hope any villain will re-raise behind me.

I got all my chips in with with a limp/re-raise/all-in pre-flop in a tourney yesterday from the CO when BB woke up with JJ, which my KK dominated. Guess he was following the conventional wisdom too.

You want people to make second best hand. Why raise AA from the SB here and pick up 2BB, when you let villains see a flop where you are still ahead? The BB's raise says "hey, I already have the second best hand" so the pf rr makes sense.