Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Tweaked WW game idea

IY,

I'm not thrilled about the seer idea. It's not bad really and could be pretty cool it just didn't pop out as a great idea.

The jokers I think will add a lot. So they don't count with the wolves but are on their team. This could add other elements like sacrificing, all kinds of fake seering etc. Boringly, this could be a good way to even up games that are close but pro-village - add a joker to the wolf team.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:32 PM

the village may have already lost by the time all the seers get their 2nd peek (if they miss 6 times)

i find it hard pressed to find a reason to kill anyone ever
Old 07-25-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IY,

I'm not thrilled about the seer idea. It's not bad really and could be pretty cool it just didn't pop out as a great idea.

The jokers I think will add a lot. So they don't count with the wolves but are on their team. This could add other elements like sacrificing, all kinds of fake seering etc. Boringly, this could be a good way to even up games that are close but pro-village - add a joker to the wolf team.

[/ QUOTE ]

The seer power-sharing and the joker thing are independent and don't have have to be used together.

But I think that spreading the seer power out would be a interesting shift of strategy.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the village may have already lost by the time all the seers get their 2nd peek (if they miss 6 times)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was thinking about this today; this game mechanic is different in that the more villagers there are, the better because it is easier to hide. So I think a forced kill would be necessary.

As I said in the OP, if the village miss the first 6 times, they would get two lynches on Day 7. Maybe they should get 2 lynches on day 7 anyways. I don't know if they should be consecutive or in parallel.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was thinking about this today; this game mechanic is different in that the more villagers there are, the better because it is easier to hide. So I think a forced kill would be necessary.

As I said in the OP, if the village miss the first 6 times, they would get two lynches on Day 7. Maybe they should get 2 lynches on day 7 anyways. I don't know if they should be consecutive or in parallel.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 lynches D7 would be the same as NO wolf kill N7, right?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 lynches D7 would be the same as NO wolf kill N7, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were done consecutively, yes. Not if they were done simultaneously.

I could see good drama either way.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:16 PM

I was thinking about this a bit and come up with an interesting idea or two.

sort of twelve angry men based.

You have jury, with villagers voting guilty, and wolves voting not guilty to hang the jury. The Jury has 7 days to deliberate and at the end of each day they vote to remove a member, and then they vote guilty/not guilty. 3 of the 5 wolves will break if the 2 die hard wolves are kicked off the jury before day 7. Wolves get to kick someone off each night.

Possibly no role reveal - but the count of yes/noes would be posted each morning. Jury foremen could peek at someones ballot each evening. (villagers wouldn't need to submit) but I am not sure if this dynamic actually does anything, besides hide foreman deaths. Foremen could rotate.

so now that I am typing it up, it seems exactly like what you wrote. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]