Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tweaked WW game idea (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=459913)

Iron_Yuppie 07-24-2007 10:26 PM

Tweaked WW game idea

I've finally got off my lazy ass and written an idea I've had for a while up.

My love for the game of WW is well-known. Two things I think would be fun to alter:

1. Full-powered seers. So much power concentrated into so few villagers. It also makes fake-seering more difficult, and impossible in the end-game, as the seers are dead at that point. Also, spreading the power around would be fun.

2. "Last faction standing". The wolves have the same victory condition in like 98% of all our games.

The game setup (assuming 21 players):

Village:
12 villagers
4 "seers" - Each seer gets ONE peek randomly chosen on n0, n1, or n2. Any seers alive on n6 will also get a peek.

Wolf team:
3 technicians
2 jokers

Game ends on the day 7 lynch.

Wolf win condition is to have 2 technicians alive at the end of Day 7. Jokers are irrelevant. Villagers win if the wolves don't.

Seer peeks only say "seer", "villager", or "Evil"

Standard one lynch a day. If the wolves have all 3 technicians alive on day 7, I think I'd allow the village the chance to lynch twice on the final day.

This gives the village 7 kills (with say 5 seer peeks on average with 4 claimable roles) to get 2 out of 3 necessary people. That sounds kinda hard, since the wolves should be able to false-claim quite a bit, and the jokers will probably be trying their best to get lynched. Maybe I can allow for double lynches on day 6 and day 7.

Thoughts?

Neil S 07-24-2007 10:28 PM

Re: Tweaked WW game idea

If Jokers are irrelevant why do they care?

Iron_Yuppie 07-24-2007 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Jokers are irrelevant why do they care?

[/ QUOTE ]

They want to win. Technicians and Jokers are on the same team.

lastchance 07-24-2007 10:41 PM

1. Fake-seering rules.

2. The joker idea is actually pretty interesting and unique.

There's metagame tricks with jokers and wolves.

Seers have to claim very, very early.

Spook 07-24-2007 10:43 PM

So a seer gets a peek each night through n6 right?

If two seers are dead, then there is a 50% chance of no peek?

There is a forced kill or no? I don't know if proper wolf strategy would be to night kill every night.

Iron_Yuppie 07-24-2007 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So a seer gets a peek each night through n6 right?

If two seers are dead, then there is a 50% chance of no peek?

There is a forced kill or no? I don't know if proper wolf strategy would be to night kill every night.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, each seer gets a max of two peeks for the game. For instance, if a seer gets randed as a n1 seer, he gets a peek on n1 and (if he survives) n6.

I assumed there would be a forced kill. I'd think they'd want to do it as nailing as many seers before night 5 is possible.

But maybe giving the wolves the option not to kill could lead to some unforeseen intrigue.

Neil S 07-24-2007 10:50 PM

As wolf in that game I think I'd only want to kill outed seers, or people I was 99% sure were seers, and not kill the rest of the time.

Iron_Yuppie 07-24-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Fake-seering rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's my favorite part of the game to hear a claim and then have to decide if they are BS'ing or not.
[ QUOTE ]

2. The joker idea is actually pretty interesting and unique.

There's metagame tricks with jokers and wolves.

Seers have to claim very, very early.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the seers claim, they may get killed before getting their night 6 peek. If they don't, then they may not be believed if they come out day 7.

lastchance 07-24-2007 10:51 PM

If the seers claim, they may get killed before getting their night 6 peek. If they don't, then they may not be believed if they come out day 7.

The wolves only get one nk a night.

Looking for the second peek is pretty bad in this game.

Stephen H 07-25-2007 01:48 AM

I'd probably want to talk out possible strategies a lot before running one of these, but it has a lot of potential.

I'd start with forcing the wolves to nightkill. The implications of whether or not to lynch an obviously lying seer claim is very interesting to me. I think if someone says "X is a wolf" and is wrong you still have to lynch them a very high percentage of the time, even if that means they are a jester a high percentage of the time (or all the time). The cost of a tech getting safe passage there is probably too great.

However, what do you do when someone comes out with "X is village" and then that night neither the claimer nor X is killed? Lynch the claimer? Lynch the peek? Leave them alive for days and hope for a counterclaim? All so complicated. I love it.