Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Re: KJ facing LRR on btn

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.
<font color="blue"> Lrr, i immediately think small PP? AA encouraging blinds to play? </font>

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.
<font color="blue">i expect a big pair to raise me. He doesn't so i now expect a turn raise vs a better hand or...</font>

Good thinking.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.
<font color="blue">i check, i escape being c/r by big pairs and encourage a bluff from him.</font>

Good idea. You foiled his plans.

River: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls. <font color="blue"> Now i bet, i dont want marginal hands checked behind and will most likly fold to a raise. I think this guy uses his brain and will consider raising but will call simply to avoid folding a weaker hand(mine) or being 3bet by the flush draw. </font>

Good bet. Button figures you may not be willing to call a raise with KJ or less anyway and your check/call on the turn indicates to him you probably don't have AK and it makes the possibility you were on a flush draw more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-06-2006, 05:12 PM

pokher -

I like your line.

I think c/c c/c c/c is ok, but may miss out on value.

I think there are other lines that could freeze up villain while making him call down with pocket pairs (which I think is what your line does, effectively). Such as check/call, check/call, bet; or check/call, bet, bet.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:00 PM

yeh i think c/c c/c c/c is potentially better. I'm going to be VS QQ and other hands more often that overcards that will take a free card or vs FD/other draws.

So overall i think letting QQ and other hands bet incorrectly is the best play.

i like my turn and river play though, i think they pay off longterm or reduce my losses.

c/c bet bet is something i've never tried. I'd assume the turn card must be a brick and not a potential overcard or helpfull card to villan or else he may fold.

Something for me to think about.

Cheers.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:14 PM

how far do you kick your cat if he checks through that turn?

I tend to default to a flop checkraise, turn lead - but I'm too aggro right now.