Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Read this player

Making notes is obviously useful but I tend to put less (if any) notes on the worse players, and put more effort in with the better ones. So for this guy I might just put in 'loose, limps with junk', but for a player who seems to know what he's doing I might put in multiple and more detailed notes, e.g.'likes to steal but capable of folding to a resteal'.

The fact is that the stats you're using should give you all the info you need on the bad players, as they will be bad in a straightforward way which is easily readable from the %s.

A note on UTG after the 1st hand is of course going to help
but after the next 5/6 hands his VPIP will probably be showing your note in a numerical format anyway. So the only
benefit you get is in the next few hands, and if you are multi tabling it makes this level of note taking impractical IMO.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:23 AM

I force myself to get reads on players in this fashion all the time but rarely make notes. I just remember the tendencies of the key fish or quality runners at my tables

I think it it an excellent exercise but unless I am seeing someone for 100's of hands notes aren't going to do much for me and if I see them that much I "know" how they play
Old 07-27-2007, 11:03 AM

Now I want to play close attention to him in a limp raised situation, if we have position on this guy (and UTG+1 for that matter) and he's passive post flop, I am going to rape his stack.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I force myself to get reads on players in this fashion all the time but rarely make notes. I just remember the tendencies of the key fish or quality runners at my tables

I think it it an excellent exercise but unless I am seeing someone for 100's of hands notes aren't going to do much for me and if I see them that much I "know" how they play

[/ QUOTE ]

it's more for seeing them a second time or when they move from table to table in a MTT so I don't forget.

I definately have to get poker tracker working again and get the HUD program. I only used it for limit. i switched to SNGs where it isn't very useful and stopped using it. It seems everyone here uses it for MTTs.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's more for seeing them a second time or when they move from table to table in a MTT so I don't forget.

I definately have to get poker tracker working again and get the HUD program. I only used it for limit. i switched to SNGs where it isn't very useful and stopped using it. It seems everyone here uses it for MTTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a must for multiple tables especially in low limits
Old 07-27-2007, 11:48 AM

95% of the time the HUD display is my read ... obv. crazy donks receive special notice and consideration