Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Raising limpers with nothing

At these limits no. Maybe when you get higher up in the levels. I don't see how much you would make in the long run in regards to risk vs return against non-thinkers. You can give it a try though and let us know how it works at small stakes =)
Old 07-25-2007, 12:03 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post11360466
Old 07-25-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At these limits no. Maybe when you get higher up in the levels. I don't see how much you would make in the long run in regards to risk vs return against non-thinkers. You can give it a try though and let us know how it works at small stakes =)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm completely and utterly confused at what you mean here.....are you saying it's impossible to isolate people b/c they're non-thinkers and that it's easier to isolate at SSNL?
Old 07-25-2007, 12:12 AM

no i understand what your saying, but what im saying is if your on the button and you have 6 limpers in front of you on a 50nl there's 3.75 on the table your going to have to bet at least $5, and even if your down to one limper that's $13.75 your not going to be able to c-bet $5 you got to make it at least $10 on the hope that all 7 people fold and 1 guy totally misses his hand, at this point if he didnt miss his hand (or just doesnt care, jj, tt)you lost $15 trying to win the original $3.75, to much risk not enough reward.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:16 AM

When you're on the button, you can make a raise against limpers. Don't raise with trash hands though, raise with speculative hands that have the potential to hit something after the flop (and also your legitimately good hands). You'll often get called in one or two places, but a c-bet after the flop takes it down a good chunk of the time. Also, sometimes you'll make your hand while they catch and win a big pot.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm completely and utterly confused at what you mean here.....are you saying it's impossible to isolate people b/c they're non-thinkers and that it's easier to isolate at SSNL?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think raising many limpers w/ nothing in position is going to be a good move for you in the long run? What do you do when you see a flop w/ one person. How about 2? Quickly check/fold because u were trying to take the blinds? Or throw a huge bet to commit yourself w/ few outs and draws.

I didn't say that it is impossible to isolate. But Why would you want to isolate w/ trash/nothing.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think raising many limpers w/ nothing in position is going to be a good move for you in the long run? What do you do when you see a flop w/ one person. How about 2? Quickly check/fold because u were trying to take the blinds? Or throw a huge bet to commit yourself w/ few outs and draws.

I didn't say that it is impossible to isolate. But Why would you want to isolate w/ trash/nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

just listen to what was posted above....

[ QUOTE ]
You'll often get called in one or two places, but a c-bet after the flop takes it down a good chunk of the time. Also, sometimes you'll make your hand while they catch and win a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you don't understand why isolating people is profitable, you really don't understand the most basic principle in poker
Old 07-25-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no i understand what your saying, but what im saying is if your on the button and you have 6 limpers in front of you on a 50nl there's 3.75 on the table your going to have to bet at least $5, and even if your down to one limper that's $13.75 your not going to be able to c-bet $5 you got to make it at least $10 on the hope that all 7 people fold and 1 guy totally misses his hand, at this point if he didnt miss his hand (or just doesnt care, jj, tt)you lost $15 trying to win the original $3.75, to much risk not enough reward.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is for 6-max (the forum below us is devoted entirely to full ring games). So we'd have 3 limpers to us at the most.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:20 AM

I was saying that you can try stealing blinds from multi-limpers w/ nothing at small stakes. Keep doing it, and then let me know what your results are at the end of the month.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was saying that you can try stealing blinds from multi-limpers w/ nothing at small stakes. Keep doing it, and then let me know what your results are at the end of the month.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't understand what you're saying. It's profitable and since I started doing this in early June I've made alot of money this way. Just because you raise with nothing doesn't mean that you end up with nothing. Just be decent postflop and don't spew with top pair all the time and you'll be fine. This strategy is def. not for beginners and shouldn't be done until you're confident playing postflop poker.