Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: \"standard\" stats for HU NL Cash Games

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like everyone I play now is 60/40! Also it seems like they always hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played for 20mins today in an internet cafe think i played 38/34/5 was worried about losing as my friend was there.Thats my excuse for being a nit earlier anyway [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2007, 11:09 AM

I played 1 person last night at 1/2 that was 48/46. He essentially always raised or 3-bet if he was playing the hand - no cold-calling. And c-bet every flop. It was actually pretty tough to play against. I found myself 4-betting PF w/ air twice to counter it somewhat.

Don't know if its a winning strategy for him, but at the least its gotta be high-variance, no? Especially when you're playing your larger pots OOP most of the time.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played 1 person last night at 1/2 that was 48/46. He essentially always raised or 3-bet if he was playing the hand - no cold-calling. And c-bet every flop. It was actually pretty tough to play against. I found myself 4-betting PF w/ air twice to counter it somewhat.

Don't know if its a winning strategy for him, but at the least its gotta be high-variance, no? Especially when you're playing your larger pots OOP most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is *the* way to play the higher stakes, but it is introducing unnecessary variance at the lower stakes. Good hands + position at low stakes = 10+ PTBB/100.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:30 PM

Hi,

I'm pretty interested in this thread as while I understand there is no 'correct' stats, they can be pretty useful too in spotting something that looks way off base.

Anyway, I haven't played much HU but have just got to about 10k hands so would like to post my small sample just to see what you guys think.

For what it's worth, I don't think I am a great HU player, in fact I was drunk to varying degrees for nearly all these hands, but the people I play with are properly retarded and I would like to get better.

It's also pretty weird that I make no money in position. Maybe my sample is still way too small to get anything useful.

What out of this lot do you think I should be focusing on improving?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:53 PM

35% wtsd is too high but you are winning 53% which also is high. Probably just running hot, really weird you are down in the sb.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:41 PM

You're AF seems low.

I'm 39/35/4 but I'm relatively new to HU.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:06 AM

AF could definitely be higher but 2.25 is about average for those stakes from what I've seen.

You probably need to cut down on raising and cbetting complete trash from the button. Against the weaktights who fold to the second barrel most of the time, it is easy to go too far and start jamming hard with any two. That's just my guess, look through your hands and figure out what spots are causing this. No way any winning player should be losing money in position. That's insane, unless the site plays the game backwards or something. Fix that part of your game and you'll be CRUSHING. Not that you aren't already. Nice job.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:04 PM

46/31/3-4

my ptbb/100 fluctuates between 11-13, after 18k hands tho I was still over 20ptbb/100, which was fun.

My 200 graph is unfortuantely, not this sexy. Went on a disgusting swing beginning of this month. 25k hands, only up 10 buy-ins. Sigh.