Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Amir Vahedi

[ QUOTE ]
Bike tournament. Three tables left. Tight, solid player raises under the gun. I call all-in with k-4 spades. (I have no choice--it's my blind next and I'm a very short stack--if I hit I have 10K counting blinds and antes.)

Vahedi goes all in over the top with k-8! Two queens call of course. King flops. My pot. Amir wins.

That's how you win a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a really solid guy raises UTG but you call because you're going to be in the blind next...either there's a new kind of poker table, or something strange is going on here.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:56 AM

lol, why is this so hard to figure out dunkman? Obviously the players inbetween him and the UTG folded.

Vahedi does seem really bad, not surprised we havn't seen him since 2003, except in the blind man bluff WSOP crap they'd show.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New Mercedes, probably >100k)

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a few years old, and yes it's definitely under 100k
Old 07-19-2007, 12:49 PM

last tues on the ESPN coverage of his final table this year, Vahedi just laughs at the old guy and acts like he was the biggest donkey ever for going all in with a flush draw and a gutshot straight draw - very ironic considering that Amir cemented his place in history by making bluffs without any draw at all at the final table in 2003.

You see that so much in poker - "When I bluff, I'm making a move on a pot and putting my opponent to a decision - if you bluff at me however, you are a donkey"
Old 07-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Amir is a nice guy, but completely awful. He is one of the biggest donkeys I've ever played with. I assumed he was rich outside of poker since he is so terrible.

Let me put it this way - it's almost as if he purposely tries to play hands in the worst way possible.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:40 PM

After he won the $250K at the final table of the main event in 2003, he blew it all in 24 hours at the craps table. No lie. That give you a clue about why he is talking about how broke he is?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bike tournament. Three tables left. Tight, solid player raises under the gun. I call all-in with k-4 spades. (I have no choice--it's my blind next and I'm a very short stack--if I hit I have 10K counting blinds and antes.)

Vahedi goes all in over the top with k-8! Two queens call of course. King flops. My pot. Amir wins.

That's how you win a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a really solid guy raises UTG but you call because you're going to be in the blind next...either there's a new kind of poker table, or something strange is going on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have been all in on the big blind. If I wait for my big blind and lose, I'm out. If I go in now (with a semi-reasonable hand) and win, I can survive the big blind and play one more round.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:00 PM

BTW it was good to see Mike Gratz at a final table. In his interview he said he had to get back to playing the way that made him good.

My opinion on gratz is that he has some vahedi syndromes.. calling with weak hands and over playing weak hands. I imagine that he's decided to tighten up... especially if he's been playing cash games where you will lose your shirt playing like that.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After he won the $250K at the final table of the main event in 2003, he blew it all in 24 hours at the craps table.

[/ QUOTE ]

TJ, is that you?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
last tues on the ESPN coverage of his final table this year, Vahedi just laughs at the old guy and acts like he was the biggest donkey ever for going all in with a flush draw and a gutshot straight draw - very ironic considering that Amir cemented his place in history by making bluffs without any draw at all at the final table in 2003.

You see that so much in poker - "When I bluff, I'm making a move on a pot and putting my opponent to a decision - if you bluff at me however, you are a donkey"

[/ QUOTE ]the best part of that hand is when the guy rivers the straight and Vahedi yells and pumps his fist thinking he had won.
Shaniac says, "um, he has a straight"
priceless