Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Amir Vahedi (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=454281)

FGators 07-18-2007 02:08 PM

Amir Vahedi

Is this guy a regular cash game player at the Commerce?

Just curious about what his usual game is. He plays like a complete nutjob every time I see him on television and am just curious where he gets his money/ if hes a big winner in those games,etc.

bmwguy525 07-18-2007 02:29 PM

Re: Amir Vahedi

He gets backed a lot, and pretty much lives off of the money that he splits from the wins that he does pick up. He lives in a pretty decent place in the San Fernando Valley, and plays out of theBike/Commerce when he's not slumming it up in Vegas or visiting family overseas. He likes business, but I'm not sure if he's got anything going on right now.

Also, he's 1 for 2 in cashes at our $30/rebuys homegame.

dspholladay 07-18-2007 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this guy a regular cash game player at the Commerce?

Just curious about what his usual game is. He plays like a complete nutjob every time I see him on television and am just curious where he gets his money/ if hes a big winner in those games,etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to see him at the Taj in AC every other weekend when I went but I've been going to the Borgata exclusively lately and haven't seen him.

buddypup 07-18-2007 08:25 PM

I have been seeing him at the Commerce a lot just before the WSOP.....he was complaining to anyone that would listen to him about how broke he was. I thought it was strange, that he was talking about that. At the time I was playing the 10/20 at te Commerce, and Vahedi was railing and then went to play the 5/10 game.

SenatorKevin 07-18-2007 08:31 PM

A few people were talking about him at the Wynn a week or two ago and seemed excited to learn that he played at Red Rock.

txbarbarossa 07-19-2007 01:28 AM

HIs play is uberdonk in my opinion. He called off a good portion of his stack with middle pair. If he's calling with garbage hands preflop like Q8 then he needs to be able to get away from them when he catches a piece.

His play was awful and I think he sucks. That's why you haven't seen or heard from the guy since 2003.

Arnold_O 07-19-2007 01:29 AM

he's a big iranian dude and he is scary

gholizad 07-19-2007 02:18 AM

His girlfriend was cute though!

Banks2334 07-19-2007 02:29 AM

Pre 2003, I used to see him at Hollywood Park always bitchin' how he was broke.

Now I see him at the Commerce always bitchin' about being broke.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

LocustHorde 07-19-2007 02:33 AM

If he's broke, wtf is a cute girl doing with him???