Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: NL 25 AA Line check

I have to disagree with everyone. I think this guy either has an overpair to the flop or a set. He might have something stupid like 8-9 and thus a draw, but more times than not he was calling preflop with a pair, which leaves him with an overpair or a set. So I think there is zero point in betting the turn. In fact, I think betting the turn is almost terrible. The Q is a scare card for 99 or TT and is irrelevant to a set. So betting the turn gets called/raised by a set and folds out a medium overpair. Being OOP it's better to check the turn and possibly induce a bet from a medium overpair. If he checks the turn, make a smallish bet of about $8 on the river and you might get a call from a medium pair who thinks you are now betting a missed AK. Either way, betting the turn here is pointless and even a bad play in my opinion.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:54 PM

so you check the turn and he leads, what size bet are you calling? what if he pots?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you check the turn and he leads, what size bet are you calling? what if he pots?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might call up to 3/4 pot. Then check the river. If he bets the river strong, I fold.