Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2006, 05:05 AM

Default Re: flop peel

[ QUOTE ]
I think that SB 3-betting a CO raise is far looser than an original 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

What range do you put him on?
Old 03-05-2006, 05:07 AM

Mr. Pink,

Poker is a situational game. You left out blind structure, stakes, and opponent reads. If we know his 3 betting range this is a fairly easy question to answer.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold. You have almost zero semibluffing fold equity on the turn even if you hit a spade, no showdown value, and a non-trivial chance of being dominated by a better queen or a pocket pair above 8s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweetjazz, if opponent is 3 betting 5% of his hands I really doubt he isn't seeing a showdown. Given that range we have 17% equity which means we need 5.8:1 to call. We are getting 8:1. Just something to chew on.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold. You have almost zero semibluffing fold equity on the turn even if you hit a spade, no showdown value, and a non-trivial chance of being dominated by a better queen or a pocket pair above 8s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweetjazz, if opponent is 3 betting 5% of his hands I really doubt he isn't seeing a showdown. Given that range we have 17% equity which means we need 5.8:1 to call. We are getting 8:1. Just something to chew on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't say we have 17% equity b/c we don't get to see both the turn and river for 1 sb. Villain has us dominated here very often (AQ,KQ, A9, maybe even QJs, PPs 99+).

I agree that stakes / stats / reads / blind structure may affect the decision but peeling here regularly with such a weak hand is bleeding chips - we don't have any implied odds to speak of becaues of the strong risk of domination.

Surf
Old 03-05-2006, 05:36 AM

Man nothing wrong with questioning this sort of thing when running bad. It has you questioning EVERYTHING you do, best of luck hope it turns around.

I definately peel one here.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:29 AM

I wouldn't crucify people for saying fold, but I do think its incorrect, because we're leaving ourselves open to be pushed around. Some people will go 'oh so what', but I think it sends the wrong message if we keep folding rag flops like this for one bet after raising preflop. Its announcing "Hey, i steal, and I fold!"
Old 03-05-2006, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is a situational game. You left out blind structure, stakes, and opponent reads. If we know his 3 betting range this is a fairly easy question to answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

party 30/60 so I'd imagine he's 3betting somewhat lighter than average here but I really dunno. he's unknown.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:36 PM

I peel here more often than not, but I do take my opponent's pfr%, aggression and WTSD% in consideration every time.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]