Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: 50nl A5s common spot

Well I mean against the average .50NL unknown this seems like a must bet on flop and turn. I also think not betting due to the fear of being raised is incorrect. I will admit that if he raises me at any point I am done with the hand minus a read that says otherwise, but that still doesnt make betting wrong due to all the times you are called by worse which are a decent amount.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:19 PM

Bet/fold turn.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:23 PM

So you bet the flop to charge flush draws, but then decide to give them a free look at the river? This makes no sense. If you are explicitly charging flush draws on the flop you must continue to charge them on blank turns...
Old 07-17-2007, 02:25 PM

Ok - thanks for the comments, although some of the advie I think is REALLY bad

[ QUOTE ]
I raise it up preflop, charge them for their position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok - but then what do you do if they call? You will get into nasty spots dominated and OOP here. Better to do this with 73o then A5s

[ QUOTE ]
would bet out turn for about $3.50 and c/c a river bet of 1/2 pot or less

[/ QUOTE ]

What is he betting the river with? A bluff or a stronger hand like 2pair+, never with something like middle pair. I also think people check behind this river with the weak Ax and middle pair looking for showdown. Unless I know people bluff I am c/f the river after a turn bet

[ QUOTE ]
I never seem to fold the turn in these spots thinking villian is just betting cause I checked he has pos etc. I hate checking turn here for this reason

[/ QUOTE ]

Again this has it merits IF you know someone will bet the turn as a float. It does look floatish (maybe a flushdraw semibluffing or mid PPs) A bet does stop a bluff though

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're ahead here, you'll see a flushdraw pretty often.
At least call the turn and look at the river. Call any non-heart card (if the bet isnt outrageous)

[/ QUOTE ]

So you put him on a flushdraw as most of his range but would draws bet this turn when they can try and hit for free?

Again - river call on non hearts I think is spew readless

Maybe I am jsut ranting - but I thought there were some flaws in people logic there.

[ QUOTE ]
c/f flop. You're OOP and if someone calls or a raises you're not sure where you are or you're folding anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea this seems nitty but how bad is it really? You're thinking TP i should bet but what are you hoping for? You dont want to get raised and calls dont make me happy here either as Im OOP and will lose control of the hand