Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: getting ridiculed for continuing on flop! 40-80 ocean\'s 11

I would say fold preflop but I have recently called here in similar situations with 66 so whatever. Flop raise I would like better if the good player was the button and fish was the sb (although if this was the case you should fold pf for sure). As is it's still not bad or anything because you can take free card sometimes even if button coldcalls which will likely mean TT-KK.

Turn/river obviously nothing to talk about.

BTW you should ignore what people tell you at the table. I haven't read replies but I assume the good player is Joe Tall or Surfdoc and Mr Poker or whatever is Mike L because the hand would have to be made up since there are no other good players in the game.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:16 PM

"But it is obvious when i do these things i'm on tilt and not my standard play."

obvious to you. you dont give off a lot of emotion. youre not like danny or someone who we know is tilted in an obvious manner.

"then said you were joking. But that wasn't the time to say that as a joke. You know that."

no i didnt know that. i wouldve said the same thing to sean or chris or joe or damon or any of my 2+2 friends. it was a funny hand. you can make fun of me for playing a hand badly i wont take it bad, you will certainly have many occasions to do so. i know now that you do so i will mind my ps and qs, but please understand that we as a group do rib and insult each other when we play like turds and get stuck a lot.

just because you take something serious to a certain extent or expect others to maintain a certain level of courtesy doesnt mean they will. i will try to respect what youre saying though.

"the way joe put it it sounds like you told him i suck."

in the past week ive said you suck. ive also told various people that the following people suck:

gabe, chris, joe, josh, sean, mark, lmd, damon, andy, the list goes on and on.

oh forgot one: mike l.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:32 PM

would read again, nicely done
Old 07-10-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say fold preflop but I have recently called here in similar situations with 66 so whatever. Flop raise I would like better if the good player was the button and fish was the sb (although if this was the case you should fold pf for sure). As is it's still not bad or anything because you can take free card sometimes even if button coldcalls which will likely mean TT-KK.

Turn/river obviously nothing to talk about.

BTW you should ignore what people tell you at the table. I haven't read replies but I assume the good player is Joe Tall or Surfdoc and Mr Poker or whatever is Mike L because the hand would have to be made up since there are no other good players in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh, I am insulted. You should know it wasn't me since it is just downright rare that I say anything at all regarding strategy or how a hand was played at the table. When Gary raised 23s UTG and put in an absolutely retarded turn semibluff after I came 3 bombing KK from the BB, I just looked at it puzzled. Next hand. I have lately said a few things out of anger like "that is gross" but as a rule try very hard not to.

I actually sincerely doubt that Joe was hard on anybody and was there for the "sorry, you lost your mind" hand. Fishboy is overly sensative and I think it shows in this thread. Who really gives a flying [censored] if other people think you suck. I hope they think I suck and I am certain that some people and perhaps even some of my friends do think I suck.

BTW, I am not thrilled with the way 2p2 is being discussed at the tables. I remember when I first went to vegas and met clark he was very certain to remind me to call him by his name and not mention how I knew him. These games are getting tougher and if the decent players like Danny, Dave, Steve, and Robbie start reading/posting then the games could get unplayable. Our edge is small enough in limit HE and we need to protect it. I know the real fish don't care to educate themselves but the fact that some of the horrific players are asking my advice on hands and paying attention to discussion at the table is a pretty nauseating thing. We need to put a gag on this in the cardroom.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:31 PM

I just assumed it was you or Joe because I knew the other guy was Mike so the two of you were the only other choices.

I don't really recall discussing strategy or 2+2 at the tables but sometimes Mike will look at me after a hand obviously wanting to know what I thought, even though it's almost always after a hand that he already knows he messed up. I do remember this one really random akward situation where there was some awful fish on my right and Joe was on my left and he was telling me about some hand he played in the 10/10 NL and after the fish horribly butchered a hand against Joe the fish asked me if he played it right. Of course I assured him that he played it exactly as I would have, but I don't like it when people look to me with questions on how to play.

BTW Steve/Rob already know about 2+2 and supposedly used to post but as far as I know neither of them even lurk any more. The thing is that the players you mention suffer from hilarious terrible tilt so they would have to get stupendously better postflop to be tough which won't happen from reading 2+2.

I agree with you though and I'm pretty much trying to not even post hands any more because it doesn't do much for me, especially since I can ask a lot of you guys in real life. When I first started playing the 40 I was posting a lot of hands but now I just post one once in a while when I'm really bored while spamming the LC thread with tons of random crap.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not thrilled with the way 2p2 is being discussed at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

When/where did this happen?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"But it is obvious when i do these things i'm on tilt and not my standard play."

obvious to you. you dont give off a lot of emotion. youre not like danny or someone who we know is tilted in an obvious manner.

"then said you were joking. But that wasn't the time to say that as a joke. You know that."

no i didnt know that. i wouldve said the same thing to sean or chris or joe or damon or any of my 2+2 friends. it was a funny hand. you can make fun of me for playing a hand badly i wont take it bad, you will certainly have many occasions to do so. i know now that you do so i will mind my ps and qs, but please understand that we as a group do rib and insult each other when we play like turds and get stuck a lot.

just because you take something serious to a certain extent or expect others to maintain a certain level of courtesy doesnt mean they will. i will try to respect what youre saying though.

"the way joe put it it sounds like you told him i suck."

in the past week ive said you suck. ive also told various people that the following people suck:

gabe, chris, joe, josh, sean, mark, lmd, damon, andy, the list goes on and on.

oh forgot one: mike l.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget Justin, Douggiefish, and Sublime. Just cuz they are in vegas, they still suck.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:05 AM

im not going to get way into this but i dont think it matters at all to discuss it at the table. all players are horrible lazy and super tilty and emotional gambling addicts. it's a rare breed who would buy a book on poker (that's a good one, since there are so many that are pure crap) and then even more rare is a person who would actually read and reread and study and apply it. most people are content going to the cardroom losing tons or a money a year and getting super tilted, even and especially a bunch of rich kids who like to fancy themselves pros. so go ahead thinking it matters a lot those who want to but frankly it doesnt matter at all. all it takes is one seemingly goofball spazztard play to throw anyone off any notion that any of us are good or educated or winning players, and all of us (save surfdoc) do that with great regularity.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:29 AM

Its cool joe. No hard feelings here. As for the hand i like the line you described. thats what i would have done had i breathed for a second before acting. I made a knee jerk reaction to raise. Although as mike l. said raising here has its merits. But in this particular one calling would have been better i think. You said i should have folded flop at the time though and said there was noway i should have seen a turn card. I think you maybe were saying out of anger for being snapped off.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:10 AM

cap pre