Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 09:14 AM

Default getting ridiculed for continuing on flop! 40-80 ocean\'s 11

Game is threehanded 40-80. Button is loose fishy player, sb is playing solidly but agressive the hands he does play. Button raises, sb threebets, i call in bb with 55, button caps all call. Flop is A24 rainbow. Sb bet, i raise, button reraises, and sb caps, i call 2 more small bets button calls. The turn is a blank like a 7 or something. Sb bets, i call, button calls. River is a 3, sb bets, i raise, button folds and sb calls. I win making the wheel on the river.

Now the sb starts saying something like how could you possibly continue on flop? Then he says something like i heard(from someone who thinks they are the authority on poker obviously, get to that later on) about you from mr. poker authority. I guess he was told i play like a moron or something. He again said there is noway i should continue on flop. I was like how can i fold? I'm getting a big price on the flop. First when he bets into me on the flop pot is laying me easily the right price to hit 6 clean outs. Then when it gets back to me for 2 more small bets in capped flop i am still getting a good price. Not to mention implied odds of the fact that both these guys apparently have an ace or something good that they aren't gonna fold if i make my hand.

I would like to discuss only whether or not i should be continuing on this flop. As this is what he ridiculed me for. I know my preflop call is marginal and my flop raise is very questionable at best(i was tilting a bit and hoping to either slow him down or possibly play him off kk,qq, jj,1010's,99's if other guy folds and he doesnt play back at me.) So did i make a terrible play continuing on on the flop? Or was it correct? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: getting ridiculed for continuing on flop! 40-80 ocean\'s 11

he ridiculed you because hes pissed about losing. hed do the same if you had a 14 out OESFD.

you played it fine.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:30 AM

Fold pf.

Fold flop.

Once you decided to raise on the flop, when it comes back to you capped, you have correct odds to call.

12 sb pf. 10 sb immediate on the flop. So 22sb. You are getting 11:1 where the 3 is a good out and the 5 is a dirty out. You must call here.

However, I think your pf and flop raise are awful.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:35 AM

missed that you raised the flop. yes this is bad.

however folding the flop to SB's single bet is worse.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

12 sb pf. 10 sb immediate on the flop. So 22sb. You are getting 11:1 where the 3 is a good out and the 5 is a dirty out. You must call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i highly doubt the 5 is a dirty out. and folding 55 3 handed is awful.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:11 PM

I didn't read the hand but I will say that whenever you are ridiculed for play in a live game you should take some time off and seriously consider that you might have no idea how to play poker.

-Michael
Old 07-10-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pf.

Fold flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 07-10-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pf.

Fold flop.

Once you decided to raise on the flop, when it comes back to you capped, you have correct odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

55 is pretty strong 3-handed imo. Only thing I change is raising flop, you are just making it more expensive for yourself to draw.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:18 PM

Sounds like you need some time off if you make your decisions not based on the facts and information. Thats not good poker!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:39 PM

Yeah i didn't like the raise either. It was a knee jerk reaction that i regretted after i did it.

I am very surprised that the sb thinks its such a terrible play to continue on flop. Btw joe tall was the sb. And mr. poker authority is mike l. Joe is a nice guy and later apologized for going on a rant. It was a big pot and he was just being emotional. But then i said i had to call the pot was layng me a good price. And he dismissed me saying nice hand(in a way like yeah whatever fish but i dont want to insult you anymore so i'll just ignore your ridiculous thinking that you were correct in playing that hand on the flop). Thats why i posted it as i'm surrpised he feels this is so bad. As i don't see how it could be a fold, let alone horrible.

Mike l. is mr. poker authority. Me thinks he should worry bout his own game instead of insulting people who play better than him. I like mike he's a good guy. But sometimes his ego is a bit much where he thinks he's "da man" at the table.