Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: The Well: 23act

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is your hand range for calling raises in the BB? For example, say a 4x raise from a typical TAG from UTG, CO or BTN?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vs an UTG open I have good implied odds and will call with small and medium pocket pairs. I will generally fold AJ, KQ type hands to an UTG open from a solid player.

Vs a CO and BTN open raise I fold small (88-) pocket pairs since it’s unlikely I have the correct implied odds to try flop a set. Conversely, I will almost always 3bet hands like ATs+, KJs+ since they are ahead of the villains open raising range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little surprised you would rather re-raise KJs and fold 77. Can you go into a little detail about how you play vs. a decent TAG when you re-raise hands like ATs or KJs and they call. Say flop comes J74 rainbow and you make a c-bet. How do you react if they min-raise? How do you react if they call?
Old 07-10-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you recommend as means of furthering one's game to an aspiring 50NL player looking to beat up MSNL?

[/ QUOTE ]

Review your sessions. Post hands. Join cardrunners. Recognize when you are not playing well and stop playing – this is real hard [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
23act - you mentioned that you will fold all pocket pairs < 88 when it is raised from CO or Button and you are in the blinds vs a good regular. What hands do you call then in this spot vs a regular assuming its just you and him? Since you said you raise ATs+, KJs+, and I'm guessing you 3bet 88+ too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m rarely calling OOP vs a good regular. I will do it now and then with KQ, AJ type hands and make moves on a lot on flops.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little surprised you would rather re-raise KJs and fold 77. Can you go into a little detail about how you play vs. a decent TAG when you re-raise hands like ATs or KJs and they call. Say flop comes J74 rainbow and you make a c-bet. How do you react if they min-raise? How do you react if they call?

[/ QUOTE ]

In Brian Townsend’s words: “this is where poker gets interesting, you reraise light, get called and flop something”. Without a read I would shut down after a cbet w/ KJ on the J74 flop. Also, when I miss the flop, I check a lot of flops which are likely to hit his calling range eg. KJx and I check flops on which he is unlikely to fold small pocket pairs eg. 427
Old 07-10-2007, 10:07 PM

I realize that c-betting is very situation-dependant, but I was wondering what your c-bet percentage comes out to be over the long run.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 PM

What do you think is the most common mistakes that people in SSNL is making?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In Brian Townsend’s words: “this is where poker gets interesting, you reraise light, get called and flop something”. Without a read I would shut down after a cbet w/ KJ on the J74 flop. Also, when I miss the flop, I check a lot of flops which are likely to hit his calling range eg. KJx and I check flops on which he is unlikely to fold small pocket pairs eg. 427

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so what are some good examples of flops to c-bet when you whiff on a 3-raise? Q93? A87?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so what are some good examples of flops to c-bet when you whiff on a 3-raise? Q93? A87?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep those are two good examples. also, the looser the villian calls 3bets, the more flops you should fire at [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize that c-betting is very situation-dependant, but I was wondering what your c-bet percentage comes out to be over the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

around 70% - or 6max that is