Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: $2.20 sat to 100k easy fold?

Mike,
Checking the flop isn't terrible, but I don't want to see another spade come on the turn in a multiway pot. I also don't want to give a free card to two underpair hands. In fact, checking is certainly better than making a full sized pot bet. As I said before, if this were headsup, checking is fine. Checking isn't awful here either, but I like making a 1/2-2/3 pot sized bet and then giving up to resistance better.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:42 PM

Thanks as you can see it's been something I've been working on lately.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:15 PM

I agree with your second point echo, I mean when you raise and two people call in a crapshoot like this one of them is almost guranteed to have an ace. I disagree however with your first point, in tourneys like this I usually follow the 4x bb rule plus 1bb per limper. It doesn't discourage action I find alot of the times it encourages people to push their marginal hands because they figure they have invested so many of their chips now why not shove and hope for the best. What I also like is some people might interpret this as a move with AJ or a small-medium pp and be encouraged to come over the top. I like a larger raise preflop, however, would probably check fold flop, or at the most make a c/bet of 1/2 the pot or less.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree however with your first point, in tourneys like this I usually follow the 4x bb rule plus 1bb per limper. It doesn't discourage action I find alot of the times it encourages people to push their marginal hands because they figure they have invested so many of their chips now why not shove and hope for the best. What I also like is some people might interpret this as a move with AJ or a small-medium pp and be encouraged to come over the top. I like a larger raise preflop, however, would probably check fold flop, or at the most make a c/bet of 1/2 the pot or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm, so in the OP you would be raising to 180 using your 4x + 1 per caller rule. And you think that you get called enough here by UTG or SB to make this a + value move? I'm going to have to think about that one.

My assumption has always been that my KK plays well against villians range here so I want a call most of the time. Thus, I gain value by getting chips in the pot and playing fairly well post flop.

Here I would use the 3x + 1 per caller method.....or 150.