Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: routine?

[ QUOTE ]
When I'm playing really really well I will fold here to the 4-bet, because you are almost always crushed here, and when the board does pair, a good chunk of the time you are still behind to a boat instead of ahead of a counterfeited 2-pair. Most of the time, however, I do call down and do lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you should.

By the time you are at the "fold or call a 4 bet" decision, the pot is big enough that the times you do win make up for it.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sweating a limit playing friend of mine. absolute 75/150 6 handed. he raises utg w/ aa gets cold called by button w/ semi lag stats. flop is 378, friend bets button calls. turn is a 2. friend bets, button raises, friend 3 bets button caps...i say insta fold, friend says insta call...im no limit pro...am i out of touch? or is my friend addicted to aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both blinds fold, so 5.5 SBs on the flop, 7.5 sb or 3.75BB on the turn. Now you're thinking of folding after 7 more bets go in? If the opponent has two pair you have five outs, more than sufficient to call for 10:1, even if you knew for certain he had two pair. And he'll have a hand worse than that almost as often as he has a set or better. No way do you fold this in a heads up pot.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:05 PM

the main point here is that you'll see a stupidly played AA-JJ often enough here.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:07 PM

when does AP ever run 150/300 6 max?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:13 PM

NL players are so fun to play at limit. Just like I don't stand a chance vs a good NL player...perhaps to a lesser extent they don't stand a chance vs me. The whole 'hand reading and folding 'thing is incredibly off and the lines they take and value bets they miss are incredible - Especially short-handed.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the main point here is that you'll see a stupidly played AA-JJ often enough here.

[/ QUOTE ]It would also not be uncharacteristic for a LAG to free sd cap 44-66.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
folding to the 4 should never be an option. the 3bet is def debatable.

"..im no limit pro..."

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...so on a dry board you never fold aces on the turn...ever. thats new. is this just on line or live as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

live i can find a fold to a single raise on the turn against plenty of players. none of them are considered lags, or aggro, or unpredictable.

online never and esp against a dude who is "button w/ semi lag stats."

[/ QUOTE ]

so then youre not folding any overpair ever in this situation? on a blank river your willing to get 4 bets in again w/aa? or a river that pairs the bottom card...4 bets for sure...or can you actually make a read on the river you cant make on the turn?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:25 PM

Lol... I would have a read on the river, the read is 'potodds'.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:47 PM

"so then youre not folding any overpair ever in this situation? on a blank river your willing to get 4 bets in again w/aa? or a river that pairs the bottom card...4 bets for sure...or can you actually make a read on the river you cant make on the turn?"

no im never folding here. the qualifier is that im not always 3betting the turn. in fact, i proly 3bet this turn far less than i should. but when i do 3bet there is no fckn way im folding.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"so then youre not folding any overpair ever in this situation? on a blank river your willing to get 4 bets in again w/aa? or a river that pairs the bottom card...4 bets for sure...or can you actually make a read on the river you cant make on the turn?"

no im never folding here. the qualifier is that im not always 3betting the turn. in fact, i proly 3bet this turn far less than i should. but when i do 3bet there is no fckn way im folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, a guy whos a little laggy just cold calls an utg raiser. then just calls on a flop of all babys now riases the turn. when he raises the turn i think his hand range is very wide because he has no reason to beleive we even hbave a pair soo the 3 bet is auto, but once we 3 bet he becomes sure we have a big pair and he is going to have to show his hand down, now why he 4 bet unless he has the goods? and he cant be "4betting for a free showdown" becuase there is a decent chance we will lead the river. btw in the hand mentioned the dude had 77 and we spiked an ace for the win so i guess you are all right when you say we had outs.