Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Re-raising pre with the QQ

[ QUOTE ]
and I'm consistently at 4BB/100 at this level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone with and reasonable common sense can crush .05/.10 for 4BBs/100. Just play profitable hands and play them straight forward. If you 3bet TT-AA and AK preflop, maybe you would be running at 5BB/100???? Just something to think about.

One thing that I say to all the noobs around here, yet it applies to me and everyone else as well is.. "You are not as good at poker as you think!" IMO, this is probably one of the few certainties in poker...

Some of the others...

1. The house will always make money via rake.. nothing you can do about it.
2. You will lose money in the blinds over any reasonable sample size.
3. Wookie will make at least one drunken post a month.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Aaron, I understand what you're saying, and I'm consistently at 4BB/100 at this level. It's because of his previous play in other hands. Avoiding the button 3-bet would be to keep the SB and BB in. It's a hypothetical situation, but I see the reasoning in pushing them out, as there is a 1 in whatever chance of them flopping 2-pair or better. lol...I love being torn apart, because it makes me a better player. Relax, dude; it's ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over how many hands? I want a screenshot.

EDIT: And if SB and BB would call 3 bets you just missed 1 bet that could be in your pocket. We can play what if game all day. Or maybe you missed 3 bets because Button might cap AK and then SB and BB both call. Or 5 bets because Button and blind would have continued to chase drawing dead because pot was caped preflop. Or 9 bets because Button and blind would call you with A high because pot is so big. Or 3more big bets because blind might have folded a 2 and given you action with trips on the river.

etc etc
Old 07-05-2007, 05:33 PM

wasn't gonna reply to this thread but then I saw this...
[ QUOTE ]
Aaron, I understand what you're saying, and I'm consistently at 4BB/100 at this level.

[/ QUOTE ]
After the 7.5K hands I put in recently I'm at that level I'm at ~7bb/100. So are you saying you're happy at 4bb/100? Players at that level are terrible. Why let them be terrible cheaply.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:13 PM

There are no reads in this post, so I'm not sure who the solid players you are referring to are.

The problem with not 3-betting QQ vs. a preflop raiser and 2 limpers is that you are sacrificing profit on the flop.

I just ran PokerStove 4-handed with the following hands:
1.) QQ
2.) AA-99, AKs-ATs, AKo-AJo, KQs, KJs, KJo (the default raising range for a TAG reading from a chart)
3.) random
4.) random

Hands 3 & 4 are random because let's face it 1/2 the people sitting at a .05/.10 table are playing random hands.

Equity works out to:

1.) QQ 48%
2.) TAG Range 24%
3.) Random 13%
4.) Random 15%

As you can see, you are giving up a ton of profit, by not raising and capping w/ QQ preflop.

Now--That being said, the reason you gave for wanting to slowplay is fun. So, if it's more fun to you to slowplay QQ, then do it. Just realize you are giving up a huge equity edge.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BECAUSE of his play, I put the preflop raiser on the AKs - AJs range of cards and possibly high pairs of course, but the minimum is AKs - AJs.

[/ QUOTE ]

BECAUSE of what play? BECAUSE he raised preflop and bet the flop?

[ QUOTE ]
Now, assuming he DOES have that range of cards, at A on the flop without a Q to set me up kills me anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming he has that range of cards, yes, you are indeed behind a pair of aces if an ace flops. How often does that happen?

[ QUOTE ]
Say I was on the button, and If I put in another bet pre-flop, the BB and SB would probably get out, and I would only have his other bet to add to my bankroll. So can we say 3-betting preflop with the QQ is only best SOMETIMES?

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting preflop with QQ is bad if villain flashes you AA or KK.

[ QUOTE ]
I love this.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you love? You love being wrong? You love being asinine? You love not being taken seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaron, I understand what you're saying, and I'm consistently at 4BB/100 at this level. It's because of his previous play in other hands. Avoiding the button 3-bet would be to keep the SB and BB in. It's a hypothetical situation, but I see the reasoning in pushing them out, as there is a 1 in whatever chance of them flopping 2-pair or better. lol...I love being torn apart, because it makes me a better player. Relax, dude; it's ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahahaha. I love it so much when people come in here and make a stupid post, then Aaron patiently corrects them, then they quote stats at him to prove their point.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1.) QQ
2.) AA-99, AKs-ATs, AKo-AJo, KQs, KJs, KJo (the default raising range for a TAG reading from a chart)
3.) random
4.) random

Hands 3 & 4 are random because let's face it 1/2 the people sitting at a .05/.10 table are playing random hands.

Equity works out to:

1.) QQ 48%
2.) TAG Range 24%
3.) Random 13%
4.) Random 15%

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I just ask how two random hands can have different equity?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1.) QQ
3.) random
4.) random

Equity works out to:

1.) QQ 48%
2.) TAG Range 24%
3.) Random 13%
4.) Random 15%

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They can't.. he just didn't let the Monte Carlo simulation run long enough.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

insufficient sample size.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:19 AM

from now on i'll be 3betting QQ just to spite cameron
Old 07-06-2007, 05:36 PM

Ok, so I'm wrong...freakin crap, guys, I'm sorry. ::goes and hides in a hole::