Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re-raising pre with the QQ

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds</font>, MP2 raises</font>, 2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, 1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9, Q, 2 (4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets</font>, Button calls, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.02 (All-In), MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 7 (4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button folds.

River: (8.70 BB) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: 8.70 BB

I've always heard/read "Raise and re-raise with the QQ; it's the third biggest hand!" But here's why I don't and haven't really to a preflop raise...it's a lot more fun to slow-play it. Plus, solid players are probably going to have quality. What do you think?

Cameron
Old 07-05-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Re-raising pre with the QQ

3bet preflop, everything else is fine.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:33 PM

Slowplaying is fun when you hit. If you had bet before the flop, maybe you could have won 2-6 more bets because they might put you on an ace or king and not believe you have the QQ.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3bet preflop, everything else is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-05-2007, 12:46 PM

What is your 3-bet range if QQ isn't in it? Does it stop at AK? You know what I think is "fun?" Winning money. You know what is more fun? Winning money from people who slowplay their hands pre-flop which lets me play a hand that I would normally have folded to a raise. That is the funnest.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always heard/read "Raise and re-raise with the QQ; it's the third biggest hand!" But here's why I don't and haven't really to a preflop raise...it's a lot more fun to slow-play it. Plus, solid players are probably going to have quality. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

3 bet preflop every damn time or prepare for tough times when the flop is Axx or Kxx.

Ill say it again, if you noob/sophomores want to get fancy then at least do it postflop.......funking it up preflop so overdoing it. QQ is possibly one of the worst hands to slowplay.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always heard/read "Raise and re-raise with the QQ; it's the third biggest hand!" But here's why I don't and haven't really to a preflop raise...it's a lot more fun to slow-play it.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know what else is fun? Sticking your tongue to a flagpole in January in Minnesota. Pissing on a subway's third rail. Base-jumping off a bridge without a parachute. How's about you try those and give us a trip report?

Better yet, kerowo is right: even more fun than slowplaying is cracking an idiot who slowplays a hand that doesn't merit slowplaying. You're not an idiot. Don't play like one. Now, hey, if you normally play 5/10 and just feel like donking off at .05/.10, then by all means go for the fun. But here you've cost yourself 3 SB by not getting everyone else to pay an extra bet preflop. Congrats. Hope it was fun enough.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:46 PM

3bet pre flop
and than bet out on the flop, hoping to get raised, after the turn I don't like much to make a check raise with that turn card, anyone with a flush could 3bet on the turn and put you on a bad situation.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your 3-bet range if QQ isn't in it? Does it stop at AK? You know what I think is "fun?" Winning money. You know what is more fun? Winning money from people who slowplay their hands pre-flop which lets me play a hand that I would normally have folded to a raise. That is the funnest.

[/ QUOTE ]

man I love when it happens, or when I have a open-ended and the guy flop top pair top kicker and when I raise with my draw he is so passive that let me take a free card to complete my nut straight, this is even more fun
Old 07-05-2007, 02:49 PM

raising 92 sooted utg is fun too i thinks. its a way to mix it up and keep your opponents guessin.

oh yeah i also always 3 bet pocket 2's cuz its fun