Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: intrusive neighbors driving me nuts - a very long rant

[ QUOTE ]
"They never got the exceptionally lucky cat back."

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a joke, but cats can find their way home really well. If that was the same cat in the neighborhood, it would've stuck around and found its owners. That kitty was fleeing.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I only see one problem here. The knocking on the door at 8 am on Sunday is terrible.

Other than that, it really isn't that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss the part about the third degree questioning with all sorts of personal questions, the looking in windows, and the snooping through her trash?

You don't think any of that is that bad???
Old 07-03-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other than that, it really isn't that bad. I think that there are deeper things going on which bother you, and because of those things, the neighbors seem terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you'd be cool with people looking in your windows and going through your garbage?
Old 07-03-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

From reading the post, you sound like a nice girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Warning! Condescension pretty much always follows this line.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:49 PM

I agree with the idea of having a bbq and inviting everybody over. Yes, it goes against what you want to do, and you aren't interested in associating with them. But I also think that it is a preemptive stike by you to negate any gossip that goes on. Your crazy neighbors will get the chance to see that you are a normal everyday person that just wants a little privacy. And in a bbq setting with everybody there, the ability of neighbor A to come up with her own side of the story will be reduced. This also gives you the chance to explain that you just want to be left alone. And hopefully, after everybody has a chance to meet and talk to you, see the inside you your house, see your backyard, ect... they will realize that you are quiet and uninteresting (to them at least) and move on with their gossip.

Good luck in which ever way you choose to go.

Shaftman

P.S. it seriously sucks to live in a place where you cant be confortable and relax because you have to deal with this [censored]. So making nice, even if you don't want to may be the best way to get the entire problem sloved.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the idea of having a bbq and inviting everybody over. Then, poison them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-03-2007, 03:53 PM

I think you should really just [censored] with them and act like you REALLY have somethign to hide. That's almost certainly what I would do. it could become like 'the burbs' and stuff.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should really just [censored] with them and act like you REALLY have somethign to hide. That's almost certainly what I would do. it could become like 'the burbs' and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This goes along the lines that I was talking about. Have fun with the situation.

Colima420
Old 07-03-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"They never got the exceptionally lucky cat back."

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a joke, but cats can find their way home really well. If that was the same cat in the neighborhood, it would've stuck around and found its owners. That kitty was fleeing.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, cats get lost all the time.
They take a concussion from some kind of accident or they get a bit senile/confused when they get older.
They don't have to be intentionally fleeing to get lost.

OP is clearly better off with her neighborhood thinking she's a bad person. These people are freaking nuts.
How incredibly rude is it to notice how late someone comes home on Tuesday or ask what religion they are? Get some freaking manners people. That's really terrible.

My advice is to just laugh at how stupid they all are and have fun with it.
This is mostly the strategy of my Dad who is retired in Florida so has a ton of experience dealing with nosy neighbors with nothing better to do.

My Dad tends to like his beer.
He knows that half the neighborhood thinks he's an alki just from the bottles in his recycling (they probably aren't that far off). Especially if it's after he's been entertaining that week and he has even more bottles than usual in there.

He doesn't care. He knows reasonably well which neighbors are kind of looking at him like they've been poking around in his recycling bin and just laughs to himself about it.

Recently he had hip-surgery so he's been using a walker and now he's okay with a cane.
He has been trying to time his walk to his mailbox so as not to coincide with nosy neighbors who want to pester him with more and more questions about how he's doing.

Asking how he's doing and caring about his recovery is one thing. But it turns into a 5-10 minute chat that is beyond boring and can be difficult to get out of when he really feels like he should be sitting down.

But now he's supposed to be doing more walking around the neighborhood and he knows that everyone is going to see this as an invitation to go right up to him and appease their curiousity.

So he's thinking of waving his cane high in the air and acting like a senile, old man while uttering random obscenities just to freak everyone out.
I told him I think it's a good plan.

He likes most of his neighbors of course.
It's just that one small-talk conversation after another about, "sure has been awhile since we've had rain" can get old and annoying pretty fast.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:58 PM

To the "isn't that bad" crowd.

THEY FOUND BEER BOTTLES IN HIS/HER GARBAGE AND DECIDED HE/SHE HAD A DRINKING PROBLEM.

That kinda [censored] is reserved for like "I would take a bullet for you" best friend status, anybody lower should STFU and watch the destruction from a far.