Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 01:35 AM

Default intrusive neighbors driving me nuts - a very long rant

I moved into my house yrs ago. Nice quiet neighborhood, great yard, safe. Lucky to get in while prices were good. First day of unpacking, my neighbors knock on the door, and use the guise of a "welcome". I say thanks, obv I am busy unpacking, don't really want to invite people in either. Last neighborhood I lived in, I became the free babysitter for a single mom, and the grocery store to another neighbor who wanted to "borrow" at least 3 or 4 things a week. I just want to keep to myself, be polite but keep a distance. Then, the questions began. Are you married? No. Wow, expensive house for a young single woman. Is your family wealthy? WTF? I was pretty much like, uh, I am really busy, but it continued. Do you have kids, what religion are you, we can tell you which churches are around. Are you dating, etc, etc.

I put a 6 foot wood fence around my back yard so I could go outside. If I tried to just enjoy coffee on my back deck, neighbors would "pop by". These neighbors are mainly from 2 houses, but a couple others too. I have one decent couple right next to me, who told me that since I don't invite people in, they are curious. They told me that the ones that grilled me on my first day look in my windows if I leave the curtains open after I leave for work. WTF? I am not going to invite them in my house, I don't like them. Neighbors A (the couple who look in my windows) came over a couple of months ago, telling me they liked my cat in the window, could they come in to pet her. No. Sorry, in a rush. Its like I have to sneak in and out of my house sometimes. Leaving my screen door open on a nice day is an open invitation to them also.

A couple of months back, my friend had a party, and had lots of empties. I was the designated driver, I barely drink, maybe one or 2 beers a month. I helped do cleanup, and have an extra recycle bin, so I took about 2 dozen beer bottles home, and one bottle of tequila and vodka. Neighbors A take strolls on Friday (coincidentally, recycle bin day) up and down the block early morning. They came over to ask me if I was having problems recently. No, I am not. We couldn't help but notice, you have had liquor on your breath lately. Again, WTF? Had barely talked to them, even if I had, I hadn't had a drink in about a month. Then I realized, these detectives must have looked in my bin. It dawned on me this is why this is the only day of the week they take strolls. I ignore them, well, gotta go.

Neighbor C catches me (running late) to work, and decides to run over. Hey, did you see what time my husband got in last night? That lying cheat, etc. etc. Starts to gossip about her own husband cheating on her. I don't even know her last name, and she decides to share this with me?

Good neighbors, sadly, are separating, they tell me last week. He is moving out (hopefully temporarily) and they work different shifts. They have a fairly new puppy and confide in me and ask me if I mind taking him out once a day to cover for him. No prob.

Sunday, I am recovering from one of the worst bouts of the flu I have ever had. I had been up all night, sick (you don't want details here) and ended up falling asleep after 6am. Anyone who is sick knows the only relief is sleep sometimes, and all night I just prayed, and prayed to fall asleep. At 8am, there is BANGING on my door. I look at my clock, cannot believe it, its Sunday morning. I think OMG, family emergency (both of my parents have health probs). I stagger to the door, and its neighbor A, with a huge grin and a gleem in her eye. Hiya! I am like WTF once again. I just heard, next door broke up. Whats the story. Reply, I am sick, and there is no story. AGAIN, she says, you know, we know YOU KNOW, you have been going in and out of the house. What is going on (she says this like an excited kid getting a puppy)! I had just stated, and you could clearly see, I was seriously not feeling well. She jolted me out of a sleep for this. Then, she continued. I cut her off mid sentence, and said WHAT PART OF I AM SICK, NO STORY do you not get. I have never gossipped with you or anyone else here, and am never going to. Instead of, sorry, didn't mean to wake you when you are sick she badmouths me to everyone.

Now, I am the villian. Neighbors B have a nice little girl, who I used to wave to. She was riding her bike this morning and I waved, and she said "mommy said you are mean" and rode by. Apparently neighbors A wasted no time in letting everyone know what a bitch I am. Good neighbor said she didn't hear the "whole story" but it went something like this. Neighbor A noticed I didn't look well, came over to see if she could help, and I went off on her.

What to do? Neighbor C actually came over and said, wow, to yell at an old lady, that is just wrong. So now, neighors a, b, and c all think I am horrible. I almost want to write a letter, and explain the whole situation and mail it to the block. Then, I think why bother? It just sucks, this old biddy went around and basically made me look terrible to everyone. Should I ignore this, or let everyone know my side? I hate to play into the game, but why let her get away with this?
Old 07-03-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: intrusive neighbors driving me nuts - a very long rant

What a whorrible bitch you are. I mean they...they.

In all seriousness, you've already passed the point of no return.
Someone has to die now.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:44 AM

Get a blog, damn.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:46 AM

Sorry this was such a long ass vent. I guess hearing the kid say, "mommy said you are mean" just set me off.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:47 AM

pics of you please
Old 07-03-2007, 01:47 AM

Whats the problem with them thinking you are a bitch? By the sounds of it, they might leave you alone now...
Old 07-03-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry this was such a long ass vent. I guess hearing the kid say, "mommy said you are mean" just set me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

But why would it set you off if you know Mommy is batshiat crazy?

Also, Columbian necktie.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:49 AM

Consider yourself lucky now, you've gotten rid of them and so WHAT if they think you're "mean"? Screw them and be happy to have gotten rid of them, finally.

T
Old 07-03-2007, 01:52 AM

And tell that bitch if you EVER catch her looking in your [censored] windows again...

...TNT, done dirt cheap.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:56 AM

I would just ignore it, now maybe these nuts will leave you alone.