Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Ask a Latino

Why do the Mexicans that move into my neighborhood build a fence/wall around their front yard and then protest a fence/wall around our country?
Old 06-30-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate it that people beleive that they are entitled to live in America just because their own country sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you want to leave for canada when this [censored] falls apart and they kick you in the ass at the border, holla back lolz.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do the Mexicans that move into my neighborhood build a fence/wall around their front yard and then protest a fence/wall around our country?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure. Ask them. Funny how people talk about borders and building fences/walls, etc. only along the Southern border. I'm not hearing an outcry for securing our Northern borders.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:02 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying is that saying "white people do" as a response to people saying "latino people do" is at the very least just as retarded. That's not a fall-back position you should be relying on.

Plus, how do you know which white people you're even talking to? You've already demonstrated what is even logically obvious, outside of this particular case: you don't.

One of the things that tremendously muddies the waters whenever people start talking like this is the preposterous assumption that all white people are alike. In fact, their cultures are distinct, and far from being any sort of unified white blob, they've proudly, stupidly, and murderously been at each other's throats for millenia.

This is even more important when you take into account that we are not in Europe when we talk about America. People didn't all come over at one time. How on earth does anyone categorize whatever "white people" is supposed to mean by reference to HUNDREDS of years of massive immigration by all sorts and economic levels of traditionally warring whites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just always remember that there is no diversity when we talk about Latinos. Latino = Mexicans. No cultural differences either.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:16 AM

because we dont have millions upon millions of poor uneducated canadians flooding into our country from the north?

why do mexicans chant osama osama during soccer games?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see anyone wanting a grand purge of Middle Eastern folks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf r u serious?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

There are american citizens, CITIZENS, of middle eastern descent, imprisoned without being charged still. To this day, since the post 9/11 round-up actual citizens are imprisoned.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why don't you go back where you came from? <font color="white">kidding, I love the Latinos </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's a problem. I think a lot of people perceive that Latinos are all illegal immigrants. I had someone say the same thing when I was talking Spanish to my mom. I think illegal immigrants contribute more to this country at times than legal citizens FWIW. I've got lots of people I know who would LOVE to be legal, but immigration law is so messed up they don't stand a chance. Blame the system, don't blame people trying to make better lives for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
clearly you failed to read the white part of my original post (which you even quoted)

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is starting to remind me of the Ask a Catholic thread, where the guy basically ignored or smarted off on any question he didn't feel up to answering.

[/ QUOTE ]

BLARGS ON FIRE

What happened to that catholic thread?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:26 AM

I think it's interesting that you seem to understand a lot of Mexican culture and such, even though you aren't Mexican. As a "Latino" (a term that I personally hate) living in Miami, I definitely could not answer almost any of these questions presented. In fact, in the Cuban-American community, there's a lot of, if not more, racism towards other Hispanic groups than in a typical American community.

As a half-Colombian white guy living in Wisconsin, what makes you qualified to answer any of these questions at all?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure. Ask them. Funny how people talk about borders and building fences/walls, etc. only along the Southern border. I'm not hearing an outcry for securing our Northern borders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol as my post above alluded to, Canada is starting to more heavily secure it's borders AGAINST US.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying is that saying "white people do" as a response to people saying "latino people do" is at the very least just as retarded. That's not a fall-back position you should be relying on.

Plus, how do you know which white people you're even talking to? You've already demonstrated what is even logically obvious, outside of this particular case: you don't.

One of the things that tremendously muddies the waters whenever people start talking like this is the preposterous assumption that all white people are alike. In fact, their cultures are distinct, and far from being any sort of unified white blob, they've proudly, stupidly, and murderously been at each other's throats for millenia.

This is even more important when you take into account that we are not in Europe when we talk about America. People didn't all come over at one time. How on earth does anyone categorize whatever "white people" is supposed to mean by reference to HUNDREDS of years of massive immigration by all sorts and economic levels of traditionally warring whites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody that's unclear about this post should read 'How the Irish became white' by... I forget his [censored] name but google it. If it's news it will blow your mind and if you're already familiar with the history of the Irish in this country it's still an eye-opening read.