Old 06-30-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Ask a Latino

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why don't you go back where you came from? <font color="white">kidding, I love the Latinos </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's a problem. I think a lot of people perceive that Latinos are all illegal immigrants. I had someone say the same thing when I was talking Spanish to my mom. I think illegal immigrants contribute more to this country at times than legal citizens FWIW. I've got lots of people I know who would LOVE to be legal, but immigration law is so messed up they don't stand a chance. Blame the system, don't blame people trying to make better lives for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this completely fatuous? Why do you believe that someone committing a crime is not to be blamed for his own choices, but an elected legislature drafting laws should bear responsibility instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

A crime? Yeah, they're hardcore criminals. It's always easier to cast blame and look down on someone when you're in the advantaged position.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is just pure evasive horsesh*t. WTF do you know about what position my family was in when we immigrated? Not a f*cking thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Educate me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is not about me personally. Let's just say literal starvation was an incredibly real option well within living memory. The real point is, it's not right nor correct to address an issue by assuming things about others. That's even weaker and more ridiculous over the internet.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What does it feel like knowing that Latino's are known to have the second smallest penis size of any racial group?

Penis size by racial group, from largest to smallest is:

Black
White
Latino
Asian

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Man, never heard that before. Is this legit? I don't know really. You sure don't see a lot of 6'8, 225 lb. Latinos walking around.

It doesn't feel good at the moment.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why don't you go back where you came from? <font color="white">kidding, I love the Latinos </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's a problem. I think a lot of people perceive that Latinos are all illegal immigrants. I had someone say the same thing when I was talking Spanish to my mom. I think illegal immigrants contribute more to this country at times than legal citizens FWIW. I've got lots of people I know who would LOVE to be legal, but immigration law is so messed up they don't stand a chance. Blame the system, don't blame people trying to make better lives for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this completely fatuous? Why do you believe that someone committing a crime is not to be blamed for his own choices, but an elected legislature drafting laws should bear responsibility instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

A crime? Yeah, they're hardcore criminals. It's always easier to cast blame and look down on someone when you're in the advantaged position.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is just pure evasive horsesh*t. WTF do you know about what position my family was in when we immigrated? Not a f*cking thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Educate me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is not about me personally. Let's just say literal starvation was an incredibly real option. The real point is, it's not right nor correct to address an issue by assuming things about others. That's even weaker and more ridiculous over the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I know is white people talk about poverty like they know what that word means. "Oh no, my Tivo isn't working. My life is over". My mom worked the graveyard shift after watching me and my siblings all day at some [censored] job so we'd have food to eat. White people make tons of assumptions about Latinos (we're all illegal, uneducated, etc.) but they seem to get really pissy when racial minorites make assumptions about them.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:27 AM

is it true that latinos carry knives because they can't afford guns?
Old 06-30-2007, 12:27 AM

Can you give a latino opinion on my picture?

Old 06-30-2007, 12:29 AM

How come no Latinos adopted me before I was put to sleep?
Old 06-30-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is it true that latinos carry knives because they can't afford guns?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of my friends carry knives for protection. Most of them would flash a knife if things got out of hand, but I seriously doubt any of them would do anything. I only have one friend who packs heat but he's kind of crazy. It's cheaper to carry a blade than a gun.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you give a latino opinion on my picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me for sexytime
Old 06-30-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How come no Latinos adopted me before I was put to sleep?

[/ QUOTE ]

Back from the dead?
Old 06-30-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Educate me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is not about me personally. Let's just say literal starvation was an incredibly real option. The real point is, it's not right nor correct to address an issue by assuming things about others. That's even weaker and more ridiculous over the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I know is white people talk about poverty like they know what that word means. "Oh no, my Tivo isn't working. My life is over". My mom worked the graveyard shift after watching me and my siblings all day at some [censored] job so we'd have food to eat. White people make tons of assumptions about Latinos (we're all illegal, uneducated, etc.) but they seem to get really pissy when racial minorites make assumptions about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying is that saying "white people do" as a response to people saying "latino people do" is at the very least just as retarded. That's not a fall-back position you should be relying on.

Plus, how do you know which white people you're even talking to? You've already demonstrated what is even logically obvious, outside of this particular case: you don't.

One of the things that tremendously muddies the waters whenever people start talking like this is the preposterous assumption that all white people are alike. In fact, their cultures are distinct, and far from being any sort of unified white blob, they've proudly, stupidly, and murderously been at each other's throats for millenia.

This is even more important when you take into account that we are not in Europe when we talk about America. People didn't all come over at one time. How on earth does anyone categorize whatever "white people" is supposed to mean by reference to HUNDREDS of years of massive immigration by all sorts and economic levels of traditionally warring whites?