Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2006, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Money Missing From Poker Accounts

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible we are dealing with people who just want to blow off someone's account without actually getting the money themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course it's possible. lots of viruses out there seem to just be sick and twisted (and often times though not in peachy's case, quite creative) acts of cyber vandalism.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if they pay her out of their pockets then they open a whole new can of worms in that people will try to fraudulate this type of thing in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

all poker sites need to open this can of worms if they want to exist on into the future. master card gets duped once in a while when someone claims to have been robbed but really wasn't. Insurance companies pay big money to people who have burned down their own houses on purpose. Once in a while the crooks beat the multibillion dollar businesses. But the reason they are multibillion dollar businesses in the first place is because they pay the legit claims. These companies make a lot of money because people feel safe. The price they pay is that sometimes they get duped. Party poker however could avoid this by offering, on a voluntary basis, the level of security that i suggested to them in the email that I sent them. this way, party could just say they are not responsible for those accounts not protected by this extra level of security.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
getting a firewall is not going to save you.

[/ QUOTE ]

right. only party's reading and taking action on this post will. and party will only read and take action if we keep the heat on.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:34 PM

i dunno whats gonna help anymore.....

and im so worn down.....
Old 03-02-2006, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno whats gonna help anymore.....

and im so worn down.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask them for an 8k bonus at 5X to help you get back what was stolen. They can afford it. They had 960 Million in revenue last year afterall.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:49 AM

Considering the amount of money lost, it might be worth contacting a lawyer in Gibraltar. Either that, or some American media outlet that doesn't depend on Party advertising dollars.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:13 AM

Peachy that is horrible!!! I am not playing anymore at party and I'm sending them at least two emails a week until you get your money back with an apology! I've been ripped off before but this is like getting your car stolen in front of a police station while everyone stands and watches.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:09 PM

Okay, time for some of our resident lawyers to come to the rescue. Doing a little research, it appears that the Gibraltar legal system is nearly identical to the British legal system, which means it's close to the U.S. legal system in terms of common law.

So, let's pretend Party is a U.S. company (or British) for a moment. If you had an account with a U.S. company that was fraudulently accessed, what would be your rights? Is the company liable? If we can figure out what Peachy's rights are were Party a U.S. or British company, then it might simply be a matter of getting access to the Gibraltar legal system, which shouldn't be all that difficult, considering the claim that Gibraltar has more lawyers per capita than any other place in the world. Party is just hiding behind their remoteness, if Peachy can penetrate that, she should be able to get her money back fairly easily under Gibraltar law.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, time for some of our resident lawyers to come to the rescue. Doing a little research, it appears that the Gibraltar legal system is nearly identical to the British legal system, which means it's close to the U.S. legal system in terms of common law.

So, let's pretend Party is a U.S. company (or British) for a moment. If you had an account with a U.S. company that was fraudulently accessed, what would be your rights? Is the company liable? If we can figure out what Peachy's rights are were Party a U.S. or British company, then it might simply be a matter of getting access to the Gibraltar legal system, which shouldn't be all that difficult, considering the claim that Gibraltar has more lawyers per capita than any other place in the world. Party is just hiding behind their remoteness, if Peachy can penetrate that, she should be able to get her money back fairly easily under Gibraltar law.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are a number of problems with this....

the only one that matters (not even going into the rest) is that in most cases you must be present your self and if not have to find a lawyer to represent you in your abscence (i trust few to do an excellent job without me present no matter what the suit is about) - thus either way it is a costly procedure....

bottom line...i would like to resolve this without legal action if "possible"
Old 03-02-2006, 04:41 PM

That's just it, the lawyer in this case would be acting as your agent. Odds are, it's never going to hit trial, it's going to be a give us something to go away type settlement. Someone local is going to have a lot more leverage, especially if they go to the Licensing Board.

If you want to keep it out of the legal system, I'd threaten them with bad publicity. Hit up any media outlet you can find with your story, that's probably the best way to hit them where it hurts. You, they couldn't care less about, other people hearing the story, especially potential customers, that they care about.

Someone just posted a story that was pretty bogus that appeared on a local station in Vegas. Try calling the station and ask for the reporter with yours and see if he wants to follow up. Sometimes you get it in one outlet, others will pick it up. (Reporters are lazy that way.)