Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Money Missing From Poker Accounts (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=43384)

peachy 02-22-2006 06:05 AM

Money Missing From Poker Accounts

Ok...some of you may know me some of you might not....either way lets not make that a relevant part of this post...

Im not going to go into detail...but I was curious as to who has had problems with "lost" (missing, stolen, hacked, etc.) funds in thier poker accounts and the end result of this.

Please dont make it super long, just a summary, with what site, limit, how long it took for action to be taken (if any), what you were told, and the overall end result, etc.

PokerBob 02-22-2006 06:10 AM

Re: Money Missing From Poker Accounts

there were a few threads about Party accounts allegedly hacked recently, but i don't know much about what happened.

Lurkmaster Flex 02-22-2006 06:12 AM

I had gotten hacked a week ago 2/14 and had whomever it was throw away 10k in 100 hands. Called party support that day, got told they would take up to 3 days to investigate. Couldn't get through on the phone over the weekend. Called back today and was told they need another day or 2 to finish investigating. Bleh. So anyway, no money back as of yet.

PokerBob 02-22-2006 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had gotten hacked a week ago 2/14 and had whomever it was throw away 10k in 100 hands. Called party support that day, got told they would take up to 3 days to investigate. Couldn't get through on the phone over the weekend. Called back today and was told they need another day or 2 to finish investigating. Bleh. So anyway, no money back as of yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is extremely alarming.

mackthefork 02-22-2006 06:41 AM

10k in 100 hands, sounds like my 3/6 6 max winrate, lol. I find it extremely alarming to.

Mack

PokerBob 02-22-2006 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10k in 100 hands, sounds like my 3/6 6 max winrate, lol. I find it extremely alarming to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have pulled all of my money out of Party and will not be going back until they fix this. I also sent this email.

There have been several reports of accounts being hacked on the Party website. One person I know lost over $10,000. It appears that someone hacked into her account, and then "dumped" all of her chips in a No-Limit game. As a professional poker player, it goes without saying that this alarms me greatly. I have removed all of my money from PartyPoker and will not be returning to your site until I have some sort of assurance that my money is safe with you. I hope you will look seriously into this matter. DO NOT send me one of your form letter responses, as I will look upon that as a personal insult and a sign that you have no interest in my business.

Bob

scrub 02-22-2006 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have pulled all of my money out of Party and will not be going back until they fix this. I also sent this email.

There have been several reports of accounts being hacked on the Party website. One person I know lost over $10,000. It appears that someone hacked into her account, and then "dumped" all of her chips in a No-Limit game. As a professional poker player, it goes without saying that this alarms me greatly. I have removed all of my money from PartyPoker and will not be returning to your site until I have some sort of assurance that my money is safe with you. I hope you will look seriously into this matter. DO NOT send me one of your form letter responses, as I will look upon that as a personal insult and a sign that you have no interest in my business.

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand that getting your account hacked has nothing to do with Party, right?

I can think of all sorts of reasons not to play on Party, but, if you're playing online poker anywhere, you're running the same risks.

scrub

kurosh 02-22-2006 08:37 AM

I would like to know if the people who have gotten hacked are running antivirus, a firewall and are fully updated. If they are, then I am scared.

scrub 02-22-2006 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to know if the people who have gotten hacked are running antivirus, a firewall and are fully updated. If they are, then I am scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only person who I talked to in detail did not even have SP2.

In on of the other threads, the guy who got hacked had apparently turned off his firewall for gaming.

I mean, we are all at risk, but I don't think there's anything about running Party that makes a system any more vulnerable. It's just that people who have substantial poker account balances have a lot more to lose when their system is compromised than someone who just uses their computer to browse the web.

scrub

teddyFBI 02-22-2006 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there were a few threads about neurotic ninnies who got run over by lucky donks and found an "i got hacked" explanation to be the most palatable theory recently, but i don't know much about what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP