Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Getting Better While Not Playing

Cardrunners & superfocussed 3-tabling.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:21 PM

Yea I definetely need this. I've already been away from poker for 1 week, and I have 4.5 more to go! WTFFFF...

Camp is solid though. I just try to get on 2+2 for 20 minutes a day and go over some hands. In terms of getting better, CR is huge and just readreadread.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
off topic but on subject

the real way to get better is to play 1 table, maybe 2 tables, completely focused. think through even the most basic decisions. 8 tabling does not get you good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

very good advice here. i just went through a tough spell (6-8 tabling), so i took a break, and am now just playing 4 tables at once to make better decisions. helping so far...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the real way to get better is to play 1 table, maybe 2 tables, completely focused. think through even the most basic decisions. 8 tabling does not get you good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true.

Before hand 45k i was a break even player, 4 tabelling fullring 25nl, I felt stuck in a rut and felt that i couldnt profit at poker.

After hand 45k i took a 1.5 week break from poker, printed out everything in in the SSNL stickies, read and memorised it, started reading everything on 2+2 then came back to poker; switching to 6max and ONLY 2 TABLELLING

That was about 3 months ago, since then i have moved from 25nl to 50 nl to 100nl. The point is:
if i hadnt have taken that break i think i would still be breaking even and getting stressed at poker. Taking a break, looking and re-evaluating your game will help your game leaps and bounds. Taking a break every few months will help you clear you head, reevaluate you game and stop perma-tilting. I recommend it to everyone.

p.s. i know im running good last few thousand hands, thats not the point.