Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 07:32 AM

Default Re: 100 NL: Lay down the ace-high flush (unpaired board)?

[ QUOTE ]
Without reads I don't assume villains will value-raise the 3rd nuts on 4-flush boards...

[/ QUOTE ]

my guess is he didn't see the 4card straight flush on the board, and totally doesn't believe you have the A

so thinks the K is the nuts

what 9dx hand makes any sense to bet the turn with?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:33 AM

I C/R the turn BTW.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In both cases I'm beat by 1 card, but would people look at the hand differently just because I have the ace?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone is much more likely to have an ace than a 9.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what 9dx hand makes any sense to bet the turn with?

[/ QUOTE ]
K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] probably.

Or he may have thrown a little bet out there with the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the turn to prevent someone from bluffing him on the river.

The size of his river bet is what worried me. Even if he DID raise the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river, I doubt he'd raise that much. I just thought he either had the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or he couldn't beat the board.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:52 AM

People would look at it differently because your opponent is more likely to have held onto an A over a rag 9.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:07 AM

There seems to be something wrong with your hand printout, why is BTN going before CO?

It might be right pf (although it looks a bit odd) but the flop doesn't make sense. Did you do the history by hand or change it? Or is villain a guy called BTN who sits in MP or something?
Old 06-28-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There seems to be something wrong with your hand printout, why is BTN going before CO?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the converter messed up originally. "Button" is actually somewhere in MP before CO.

EDIT: I just checked the original HH. "Button" is actually UTG+1. It makes sense throughout the hand.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:12 AM

If it was an even money bet whether he had the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I might say yeah he probably does. But since you are getting about 2:1 on your call, I can't say I am that sure that he does.

If you knew he was a solid player it becomes easier because a solid player would not take this action without the ace (which you have) or 9. But there exist people who might have flopped a king high flush and just refuse to admit that there hand is no longer that strong; he could be betting it for value, or some other weird line...
Old 06-28-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Or he could have the K-high flush. There's only one card that beats you, the 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. How would he have got there with it? What's he open limp the button that has the 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? 97[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? K9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Ax9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Wouldn't he raise flop if he'd flopped a small flush?

You've played this extremely passively, particularly the turn. He could easily think his K-high flush is good.

I call. There's way too much chance he has a lower flush or he's trying to push you off a split. Maybe if I had a read the guy was a nit I could fold this but otherwise no.

[/ QUOTE ]

CMAR. this is nl 100. People don't massively reraise with K high flush on a 4 flushed board. They might reraise, but there's no way he's putting all his chips in without an Ace high.

I think you can fold this. I probably wouldn't, but what do you beat?

As is, i faced a VERY similar situation a while back. I had the bottom/idiot-end straight flush, and opponent c/r me on the river where potentially he could hold the nut straight flush...he turned over a random low flush and was bluffing.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
really ugly spot, it's such a strange situation though that I think I have to look him up. He might be thinking that you're betting the board, and trying to raise you out so you're not chopping. I wouldn't be all that shocked when he flips over k,9 of diamonds though.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't need the K here for the str8/flush. 9d is the wondercard on this board. But, yes, sick spot!