Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Pstars or Full Tilt Sng\'s??

[ QUOTE ]
60/120 blinds, 1 limper and a min raise. You have QQ on the button. How much is a pot sized raise? Quickly now, you're playing 6 tables and 2 others are beeping at you insisting you fold your 4-high. If you can do this stuff as quickly as clicking the pot button, good for you. Others among us need some help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate it more postflop, when people lazily use it instead of making a reasonable bet that might be more susceptible to a check-raise or provide better pot odds. Preflop, it's not horrible. I never use it, partially out of principle, and partially because I never thought of it. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2007, 05:53 PM

I love the retards who use the pot button say at 60/120 and open for 420(pot), then fold to pushes.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd argue that FTP software is actually better. For one thing, on FTP you do not spend 200000000000000000 minutes waiting for the cards to be dealt out when you're all in. Also FT seems to be actively developing their software unlike PStars. The only huge downside of FTP right now is a lack of ability to import tournee summaries. I had to write a log parser to actually get this into Poker Tracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

speaking of which...is there any way for me to get past tourny information or am i just screwed. i didn't realize that the tourny summaries must be manually entered until way later, and now, well i have so many incomplete ones that i just don't even want to bother...unless of course FT would send me summaries or something...anyone know how to remedy this problem? and as far as the database that i have now, which has very few complete tourny information, therefore incomplete personal statistical information, should i just chalk it up to lesson learned, delete them and start a new database of tournys or what?....
thanks in advance
Old 06-22-2007, 06:09 PM

Ok so if I play on FTP, do I still get all the information on people I've played with if I don't import the tournament summaries? If it's like stars and you have to import the summaries to get the player info, do you seriously have to manually enter it? wtf?
Old 06-22-2007, 06:17 PM

you dont need the summeries for the hud to wook, just to see the stats in pt. I use tourneymanager to keep track, pt/pahud for hud stats and never bother with the summaries,
Old 06-22-2007, 06:52 PM

IMHO the players are better at PS than FT. The biggest difference is that the FT loads up too slow, at least in Europe playing time/medium stack
Old 06-22-2007, 07:45 PM

I like the play thats allowed in the endgame. On Stars I see 200/400 and 300/600 a lot but on FTP the games end on 150/300 and maybe 200/400.

I play regulars not turbos.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you dont need the summeries for the hud to wook, just to see the stats in pt. I use tourneymanager to keep track, pt/pahud for hud stats and never bother with the summaries,

[/ QUOTE ]

On stars I thought that it kept track of everyone's stats without me needing to import the tourney results, but I was trying to find a player I just played with once and they weren't appearing in my tournament page in PT. Then I tried finding some other people I know I've played with and they weren't in there, and I had to import the tourney results to see get their names to come up in my database.