Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Best friend slept with girl of my dreams, what SHOULD I do?

[ QUOTE ]
Friend did nothing wrong.
He gave you space, he gave you time. She wasnt interested. He didnt go in her room, she went to his. She wanted it. Nothing was happening between you and the girl so he seized the opportunity. Nothing wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know she wasn't interested? OP states "We both had feeling for each other". It seems to be possible (but certainly it is not a given) that the girl had no intention of doing anything with OP, but even if that was the case that does not give the greenlight. The only way I can think of that would possibly give the friend ANY leniency in this situation would be if he had said, prior to this evening, that OP was free to pursue any girl that the friend had feelings for and that he was going to do the same. however,

"my friend had told me many times before NEVER to hit any girls he dated or fooled around with before. I respected that ".

friend [censored] up bigtime.

OP, i don't think any sort of confrontation is necessary. kicking this guys ass or doing anything to get revenge seems immature to me. if he comes to you, tell him he [censored] up and you have no will to be friends with someone like that. the only way, IMO, he has a shot at redeeming himself at all is if he openly admits how poorly he acted. If he tries to defend it at all that just reaffirms how much of a dick he is.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:55 AM

It's time to be a man. Don't compliment this chick or try to get her to hang out with you, she isn't really too interested in you and won't be until she gets fatter. Don't start a fight with your friend but don't do any favors for him either. He didn't do anything a normal man wouldn't do but he did do something a true friend wouldn't do. Now you know.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What sort of approach do I take in confrontation though?

[/ QUOTE ]

What would this solve?

Here's an article from a female point of view that might shed some insight into your situation. Not trying to kick you when you're down, but maybe a small part of this article will resonate with you. You can't blame anyone for something that was out of your control to begin with - distance factor, bad timing, unrequited advances, whatever. So she picked him, and simultaneously sent a major blow to your ego. Get over it! And don't get wrapped up emotionally any further with this girl.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:59 AM

Part of me wants to say cut all ties with this girl, you're obviously on the Friendship Ladder and she'll only cut you up. But then again you're young and maybe you'll still get together - it's pretty common for people to sleep with different people in their circle of friends before finding the right one for a relationship.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He didn't do anything a normal man wouldn't do but he did do something a true friend wouldn't do. Now you know.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-22-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(she's really drunk,

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on where you live, report that you witnessed a rape? That'll teach him.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:05 AM

B,

So, chick wanted to see what would happen w/ you re: romantic chemistry, realized there was none, so then f'ed her older sister's ex-boyfriend. You never had any chance and your friend rules. Don't hate, appreciate.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Friend did nothing wrong.
He gave you space, he gave you time. She wasnt interested. He didnt go in her room, she went to his. She wanted it. Nothing was happening between you and the girl so he seized the opportunity. Nothing wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know she wasn't interested? OP states "We both had feeling for each other". It seems to be possible (but certainly it is not a given) that the girl had no intention of doing anything with OP, but even if that was the case that does not give the greenlight.

(Rest ommited for readability)

[/ QUOTE ]

What is he supposed to do, when the girl that he tried to give his friend a chance with, obv. hasn't got any sexual interest in the friend (and we all know the conversations that go "I really dig you, I think I love you" "You are a nice guy. I really like you." That doesn't mean that you have feelings for each other. That means, that you won't get laid.) crawls up to you and wants to get into your pants? Do you really say "Listen girl, why don't you go and suck my friend's [censored] for a while first. Maybe you realize that you actually like it and I won't feel so bad." Seriously dude. It's certainly not a nice thing to get shot down in probably the most brutal way possible. And I'd expect the friend not to brag about it. But it's more a "what can you do?" situation. I can understand that you hate the friend though. But it's more envy than treason, if you are honest.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:12 AM

Burdz,

You suck at picking up chicks. You have terrible oneitis. It's your fault.

That being said, your "friend" sucks too.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:13 AM

your friend did nothing wrong. stop being a jackass and a horrible friend.

people who think the friend did something wrong, please justify your position. they weren't dating right? there was no commitment, no cheating going on?

should i hate my friend if he hooks up with jessica alba?

i mean i see that its a bad position to be in, but one friends failure shouldn't hold another friend back.