Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 07:24 AM

Default Re: Anyone hear about what happened midtown east last night?

wait, you had to edit out the name of the guy who is mentioned by name in the post i quoted?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wait, you had to edit out the name of the guy who is mentioned by name in the post i quoted?

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahahahhaa
Old 06-19-2007, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
second, discussing security is like giving away your SSN and your mother's maiden name. You guys want to talk about being retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully agree. if you want to discuss security, we are all free to do so via email, in person, on the phone, anywhere else - but a public forum as huge as 2+2 has become is not wise. It might seem silly to some of you, but this is not an issue of freedom of speech, your free to say whatever you want somewhere else, here we choose to edit out the details for the safety of the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is a bank protected? A bodega? Cuz these VERY WELL KNOWN METHODS DON'T SEEM TO DISSUADE PEOPLE FROM ROBBING THEM. A general discussion of security practices at these places won't have any consequences. In reality, they're set up like night clubs, concert halls, etc. Thieves and would-be thieves know this. Moreover, some of them actually go to the club to see the set-up beforehand.

TT, you need to try to figure out exactly what it is you're censoring here. Right now it seems pretty arbitrary. And hahahahahaha at freedom of speech.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
second, discussing security is like giving away your SSN and your mother's maiden name. You guys want to talk about being retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully agree. if you want to discuss security, we are all free to do so via email, in person, on the phone, anywhere else - but a public forum as huge as 2+2 has become is not wise. It might seem silly to some of you, but this is not an issue of freedom of speech, your free to say whatever you want somewhere else, here we choose to edit out the details for the safety of the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is a bank protected? A bodega? Cuz these VERY WELL KNOWN METHODS DON'T SEEM TO DISSUADE PEOPLE FROM ROBBING THEM. A general discussion of security practices at these places won't have any consequences. In reality, they're set up like night clubs, concert halls, etc. Thieves and would-be thieves know this. Moreover, some of them actually go to the club to see the set-up beforehand.

TT, you need to try to figure out exactly what it is you're censoring here. Right now it seems pretty arbitrary. And hahahahahaha at freedom of speech.

[/ QUOTE ]

while i agree with you on the points of discussing security, as someone who plays in nyc i'd rather have tt err on the side of caution. pls bit a little bit more understanding.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:15 AM

the question is where the hell can i go play tonight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the question is where the hell can i go play tonight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

atlantic city obv
Old 06-19-2007, 11:17 AM

What I don't understand is why the ***** (Robbed place) called the cops. This is not the first time a club in NYC was robbed , usually though, they don't call the cops.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I don't understand is why the ***** (Robbed place) called the cops. This is not the first time a club in NYC was robbed , usually though, they don't call the cops.

[/ QUOTE ]

he was scared and has no in house protection, for the saftey of the players its his best move
Old 06-19-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oddly, they are not dying. They keep morphing into new ideas/concepts but poker will not die in NYC. I think the future might include some sort of hotel based roaming games, or something similar - one of the owners I just spoke with said he is frustrated and doesn't know what to do anymore; thats not good for poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think poker will ever die in or around NYC. The roaming hotel idea is kind of interesting but unless you're playing in a suite there won't be enough room and it will look fairly suspicious dragging a bunch of tables around to a hotel.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... I think he called the cops because two guys with guns just came in. Lives could have being threatened. He did the right thing while it was going on. If the cops had not been called at the beginning (which is when he made the call), maybe he would not have called them when it was over.

The name of the card room has been in the press (and the articles reproduced or linked to here). Why are you editing that out? Were you afraid that ** might edit your posts otherwise. That is pretty *****.