Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2006, 06:28 PM

Default Re: KQs when the board gets scary

Well, I'm a fan of the turn bet, so obviously I say yes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2006, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I am playing .05/.1 for a couple reasons. 1 The bonus at UB clears just as fast as .25/.50. 2 They are Much looser then most of the weak-tight play you find at UB. 3 I can put up more tables (so it clears quicker), without bothering my BR since I would have to be a serious loser to not be covered by the bonus overlap. 4 I can aford to play sub-optimaly because of the large difference from the .25/.50 play, and the bonus overlap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hijack - but dude, that's a great idea. Variance is kicking my butt at .5/$1 and .25/.50...up $70 one day down $35 the next. Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2006, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch:

I'd just check behind here. You have 9 outs if you're facing an A and no K

[/ QUOTE ]

The K's are not outs against an ace since he then has a bigger two pair.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:12 AM

Check -- I'd opt to call if bet into me so I can look him up.

I'd assume he's reasonably sane and probably has us beat more often than will call and be losing.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:21 AM

immortal wookie:I'd rather not b/f with our potential gutterball outs + 2 Q outs to a boat. This is a decent spot to check w/ outs. In a pot this small, getting raised really sucks, and winning it right now is not a major concern.

another reason is: at this limit u wont make them fold a bad A or any hands that are stronger then u for sure,i mean bluff is almost useless,if u dont bet for value then check since u have lot of outs.
U bet when u have almost no outs(like 2) cause if u get raise u probably wouldnt of hit the cards u need anyway on river as wookie said...
here u have like around 5 outs,its decent.

at that level usually dont try to bluff since they will always call u down with like almost anything.
moreover if u check,those player might try to bluff u ....
u have mid strengh hands if u dont hit,call u will win a lot of time.

btw,what is the bonus your going for and is it hard to fufill?
sorry just curious cause i think its time for me to try to collect some in a couple of site
Old 06-19-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I am playing .05/.1 for a couple reasons. 1 The bonus at UB clears just as fast as .25/.50. 2 They are Much looser then most of the weak-tight play you find at UB. 3 I can put up more tables (so it clears quicker), without bothering my BR since I would have to be a serious loser to not be covered by the bonus overlap. 4 I can aford to play sub-optimaly because of the large difference from the .25/.50 play, and the bonus overlap.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to verify this. I think I've noticed UB rakes 10% in nano limits. They also seem to rake incrementally higher at the lower micro limits by reason oftheir raking to the penny and not waiting for the next pot level. You may not be covering as well as you would if you go up a little. Just my observations but check it out for your self.

Edit to add: I am not commenting about the hand because 2 pr hands give me a headache and maybe I should learn to play them better [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]