Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   KQs when the board gets scary (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=116432)

nomadtla 05-18-2006 02:22 PM

KQs when the board gets scary

Yes I am playing .05/.1 for a couple reasons. 1 The bonus at UB clears just as fast as .25/.50. 2 They are Much looser then most of the weak-tight play you find at UB. 3 I can put up more tables (so it clears quicker), without bothering my BR since I would have to be a serious loser to not be covered by the bonus overlap. 4 I can aford to play sub-optimaly because of the large difference from the .25/.50 play, and the bonus overlap.

So with that said I say I have no good reads. Table is standard loose for this limit at UB (35/5 or so)

Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Nomad is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Nomad raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Nomad bets</font>, MP1 calls.

I paired, and have a ISD, and should make a cbet anyways

Turn: (3.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero ?

Anything (but a weak Q) that he called the flop with now beats me, what's my line? and river plan?

spector 05-18-2006 02:30 PM

Re: KQs when the board gets scary

I'd probably bet but fold to a raise but if he calls im checking the river through

lautzutao 05-18-2006 02:32 PM

You're ahead of flush draw. I'd bet and fold to a C/R

MrWookie 05-18-2006 02:33 PM

I'd rather not b/f with our potential gutterball outs + 2 Q outs to a boat. This is a decent spot to check w/ outs. In a pot this small, getting raised really sucks, and winning it right now is not a major concern.

Buckmulligan 05-18-2006 02:35 PM

Tough spot... really interesting turn here. .

bet/fold and check/play poker on the river both have distinct advantages. There's a lot to this problem, but I'm leaning innitially toward check/play cards on the river, mainly because we have some outs here that pay off handsomely on the river if his hand range is in fact ahead on the turn.

Fantam 05-18-2006 02:36 PM

You have no good read, and on the turn there are fewer hands that your opponent is likely to have that you beat.

You dont really want to have to call (or fold) to a turn 3-bet against an unknown, as you have a draw to a straight.

So I think I would check behind on the turn, with a view to calling a bet on the river, or betting the river if checked to.

spector 05-18-2006 02:37 PM

You may be right, if you check the turn and a blank falls on the river are you calling a bet?

lautzutao 05-18-2006 02:42 PM

UI I don't think you can unless you know villian is capable of bluffing here, or would bet Qx. As OP said that's really all he's ahead of come river time.

nomadtla 05-18-2006 04:01 PM

Ok here's a question. With the Ace on board if the turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (instead of the T) do we bet the turn?

J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ?

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?

K non club?

assume all other parts of the hand are the same, including villans turn check.

The.Accountant 05-18-2006 06:27 PM

Grunch:

I'd just check behind here. You have 9 outs if you're facing an A and no K, but I suspect that you'll see a T here often, and the straight draw may be to a split pot.

How does everyone discount our outs here?