Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: So you have to show cards to camera?

Why are you guys being so mean? Clearly VVP yells out "He's got the weapons of mass destruction" every time a player has AA.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: So you have to show cards to camera?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is the WPT Player Release Form, and you can see in the first clause that you agree to show your hole cards.

The WSOP release form doesn't seem to be available online, but it has a similar provision.

If you don't sign it you aren't allowed to enter in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree that the first clause requires you to show your hole cards. Arguably, WPT might have the right to expose your cards to the camera if you refuse, but I don't read that as requiring the player to expose his cards to the camera.

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

"Player consents to such filming and exploitation of the Programs, and hereby irrevocably grants to WPT the right to film, record, edit, reproduce and otherwise use Player's name, photograph, likeness, signature, biographical information, appearance, actions (including, without limitation, revealing Player's hole cards) ..."

I think it's pretty clear that you are giving them the right to film your hole cards. Going out of your way to avoid the camera or make it impossible for them to see your cards would put you in violation of the agreement you signed allowing you to enter the tournament. At that point the TD could impose whatever penalty he felt like, including disqualification.

However IANAL, and I have never been at a televised final table. Should you find yourself in one I hope you do refuse, because I'd be interested in seeing what happens as a result. I doubt you'd be kicked from the tourney, but you never know.