Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: 50NL but 300BB deep and I\'m not sure if I want to gamble here

The range you guys are assigning is too tight.

Hand 0: 39.146% { 22+, A2s+, K2s+, A2o+, K2o+ }
Hand 1: 60.854% { AQo }

That's at least from what I've seen. You can probably throw in some random hands too as I'm sure he's shoving some weirder holdings. He also is definitely playing without regard to his stack size. I wasn't also sure if he would give me action postflop as I was playing tight. The guy to my left was gambling a ton too shoving a ton of flops with any pair against villain and so villain always gave him action.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: 50NL but 300BB deep and I\'m not sure if I want to gamble here

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it is 10BB/100 when stacked for 100BB, it is going to be reaching 40BB/100 when playing with 400BB effective stacks. And that is the gist of the matter. The difference in earn rates between a normal buyin and the deep buyin are going to be huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree on this one. Just because you are 4x deeper than normal stacks, doesnt mean your winrate is going to be 4x as much. It still requires a lot more raising to get those results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant specifically against this villain. When he's repeatedly running multistreet bluffs and shoving for 400BB preflop with a presumably wide range - the profit's going to be linear with the amount of money you have unless he adjusts - but there's no reason to believe he is seriously adjusting his play or this wouldn't have been an even remotely interesting hand to begin with!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is, with your strategy you will end up folding in a lot of marginal call spots when the dude runs 3 street bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

*note: drunk, but still think I'm thining coherently so I'll post anyhow*

Not at all. It's all about what price I'm willing to sell my earn rate for. In a 3 street bluff, the odds of my EV being less than $30 are pretty low, so I'd be willing to make the call. It's all about how much I'm willing to sell my earn rate for. I think selling it for $30 is really shortchanging yourself.