Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: PS $20 AA early position

what else would an ok player raise an early position bet with? why not check raise on the flop?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:03 AM

Bottom line - if he has QQ, KK you'll almost certainly get all the money in the middle. Sometimes, you'll even get it if he has AK or JJ.

He'll at least almost certainly call your RR.

This is a really strange line. More than 1/3rd of the time, you're going to see a K or a Q on the flop; are you seriously going to shut down with aces every time that happens if they just check?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:09 AM

"Bottom line - if he has QQ, KK you'll almost certainly get all the money in the middle. Sometimes, you'll even get it if he has AK or JJ."

maybe, but if someone bet early, i reraised him, and he pushed, i would fold almost everything almost everytime, dont forget this is early in the tourney. Now, maybe very few players at this level will do that, but i dont know im new to stts.

"This is a really strange line. More than 1/3rd of the time, you're going to see a K or a Q on the flop; are you seriously going to shut down with aces every time that happens if they just check?"

no. The board was not threatening. IMO He either has a set or an overpair, but no draw. If he bets, then i know almost certainly that he does not have top set. then i checkraise him all in. if he has an overpair, (kk in this case) he has much more commited to the pot and is almost certainly gonna call.

This line allows me to still bust kk, but not lose my whole stack to qq, and also get ak or maybe even jj to bet.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:11 AM

ak of spades is about the only hand gaining anything on me here