Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Think I had an okay session. Few hands that are interesting.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

hand 2:
nh, only pf is close but ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

really...what does your pokertracker have your EV at when calling 2 players one of them the UTG with small A-suited hands...it's marginal at best and likely -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for this comment. I would often also call pf in this spot and it might very well be a leak.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hand 1:
you have odds to call turn vs. an overpair and he sometimes has worse hands.
i like the whole hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Just cause we have odds to call on the turn after we get raised doesn't mean that it was good that we were putting in money on the turn when way behind.

Did we maximize our stack for FE?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right that we're obviously behind on the turn, but since we have a strong draw it's not soo bad if we get called or raised and i felt that hero had some decent FE against villians range here.

I dont understand your "maximize stack" question.

[ QUOTE ]

1) bet/3-bet

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually take heros line and c/r to get his auto-c-bet.
It would be interesting to think about which line gives us more FE against him in case he's got something: c/r F; lead T or bet/3-bet F and if the later one does if it makes up for the times we earn a c-bet with c/r-ing.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAND 1:
You're wrong, it's VERY BAD if we get raised on the turn. At best we have 33% equity (after picking up more outs on the turn) and are putting in OVER 3/4 of our stack as a huge underdog.

I do agree though we should leaad turn for FE.

What I mean by did we maximize our stack for FE was "Is there a better way to use the stack sizes for maximizing FE and EV for that matter". For example, if Villain calls the turn, are we pushign a blank river? Are we expecting to get called by a worse hand when our flush draw comes in?

Given that Villain was so tight preflop even though he was raising from the CO, I don't think check-raising is the best option at all, especially since we have to call a push. However, if Villain was super loose and raising from the button, there might be some validity in going to for a check-raise on the flop. Although in my gut, I still feel that leading the flop is better because of the variety of action that could follow.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

HAND 1:

[...]

What I mean by did we maximize our stack for FE was "Is there a better way to use the stack sizes for maximizing FE and EV for that matter". For example, if Villain calls the turn, are we pushign a blank river? Are we expecting to get called by a worse hand when our flush draw comes in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, nice to see we agree on having FE and betting to use it.
Your thoughts about maximizing FE given stacks is very important i think.
Maybe pushing is an alternative since we'd have to call a raise anyway. Question is: would villian expect us do push with a set too?

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think check-raising is the best option at all, especially since we have to call a push.

Although in my gut, I still feel that leading the flop is better because of the variety of action that could follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, by going for bet/3-bet you're basically forcing all the chips in on the flop, thus i dont get your first point here.

Like what actions, that might follow? I dont see this villian calling our flop donk often. Either folding, in which case we lose his c-bet, or raising which lead to an all-in with both lines.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

HAND 1:

[...]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, nice to see we agree on having FE and betting to use it.
Your thoughts about maximizing FE given stacks is very important i think.
Maybe pushing is an alternative since we'd have to call a raise anyway. Question is: would villian expect us do push with a set too?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a HUGE over bet if we check-raise and push the turn. Doesn't make sense.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think check-raising is the best option at all, especially since we have to call a push.

Although in my gut, I still feel that leading the flop is better because of the variety of action that could follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, by going for bet/3-bet you're basically forcing all the chips in on the flop, thus i dont get your first point here.

Like what actions, that might follow? I dont see this villian calling our flop donk often. Either folding, in which case we lose his c-bet, or raising which lead to an all-in with both lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of the bet / 3-bet is that we're are the last one to put in the raise, hence the FE. INSTEAD of calling the 3rd bet.

Villain will also call our check-raise which as you can see leads to awkard moments.