Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 08:35 AM

Default Re: 100PLO - Wait... what? (deep)

[ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth, against 4xxx where each x is a live card, I'm 58/42. Are you guys really fans of getting 240BB in with that slim of an edge? I'd assume this is hand over 90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's more like 56%. In general I'd get this all in on the flop vs anyone. Or I'd play it against a real bag lag (x% of the time he doesn't even have 4xxx, might be AAxx or KKxx or caught in a dumb bluff).

But this isn't a great spot with deeper stacks against a good opponent when they can still get away from it. They might assume you have 4xxx and fill up when they don't or that you already had 42xx.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:55 PM

The first question here is are you sure you can get his stack in if he doesn't fill up? If you are, then this is trivially simple. Absolutely repot it and keep hammering.

If not, it still may be a repot, but it becomes more complicated. You have to look at how often he has 42 for the flopped boat or 44 for quads and then see how much value you're getting when he calls the flop and folds the turn vs. how much you lose ~15% of the time when he fills up the turn and gets all-in with you.

My gut feeling is that against a loose player, you can manipulate him enough by giving him a turn bet with bad odds that he won't want to lay down to that you'll be able to get stacks in at least often enough to make this profitable, but it's a tough spot. This should be a fold against a lot of players.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth, against 4xxx where each x is a live card, I'm 58/42. Are you guys really fans of getting 240BB in with that slim of an edge? I'd assume this is hand over 90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think youre 58/42 or even better... get it in?!?! Im a huge fan.