Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: So you have to show cards to camera?

[ QUOTE ]
No. You only have to show them to Drew Barrymore.

If you show them to the camera, everyone will know you collude with and dump chips to your father.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hear its legal to have 2 people play one hand in a live game
Old 06-07-2007, 12:07 AM

Why wouldn't you show your cards?...
Old 06-07-2007, 12:26 AM

The same reason I don't show my cards to people while in any other game?
Old 06-07-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you were to win the tournament, in which case it might be bad for your image and hurt your marketability, I would think American players have almost nothing to gain from this. I guess they could sue you if you sign a contract though. Without a contract I joyfully tell the ESPN producer to go screw him or herself.

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't sue you. They would bar you from the event and you would have to sue them. I gaurentee they require some kind of acceptance as a condition of entry. If they don't, then all their lawyers should be fired.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From what i understand yes you HAVE to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be interested if someone can tell us definitively whether you actually sign something indicating that you are entering a tournament knowing your obligations include showing cards to the hole cam or if people feel compelled to show them after being berated by an ESPN producer into doing it.

My gut tells me it is the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your gut is wrong, its the former.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to expand on this or is this simply something you have heard? I'm not looking to rip anyone on this but I have not heard anyone say that they signed t&c's for their entry in a WSOP event that included a section covering their responsibilities to show their cards to a hole cam if they are at the TV table.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be interested if someone can tell us definitively whether you actually sign something indicating that you are entering a tournament knowing your obligations include showing cards to the hole cam or if people feel compelled to show them after being berated by an ESPN producer into doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to expand on this or is this simply something you have heard? I'm not looking to rip anyone on this but I have not heard anyone say that they signed t&c's for their entry in a WSOP event that included a section covering their responsibilities to show their cards to a hole cam if they are at the TV table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone who plays more of these events could probably give you a better answer, but if Im not mistaken there is a section on the releases covering this.(Basically saying you will reveal your cards to the camera.)
Old 06-07-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In order to play in any televised event you have to sign a contract at the beginning. This contract includes agreeing to cooperate with the final table filming and acknowledging that failure to do so can result in disqualification. It also includes signing away your rights to your image/likeness. Some people don't like this, but when WPT/WSOP is going to all the effort to promote the tournaments and bring in the fish I don't mind at all.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In order to play in any televised event you have to sign a contract at the beginning. This contract includes agreeing to cooperate with the final table filming and acknowledging that failure to do so can result in disqualification. It also includes signing away your rights to your image/likeness. Some people don't like this, but when WPT/WSOP is going to all the effort to promote the tournaments and bring in the fish I don't mind at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
TY, Ike.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:24 PM

Here is the WPT Player Release Form, and you can see in the first clause that you agree to show your hole cards.

The WSOP release form doesn't seem to be available online, but it has a similar provision.

If you don't sign it you aren't allowed to enter in the first place.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:26 PM

So what will happen if you don't show? Do they have people looking at the cameras during the tournmanet? (I was under the impression this went against gaming regulations)But lets say they do, and you aren't showing, they come and tell you they can't see your cards, you say okay, sorry. And then you keep not showing, what'll they do?