Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Do you guys like these resteals from Colin\'s internet article?

Hi guys,

Thank you for the feedback on this article. I will most likely post a response to these comments, as well as to the z32fanatic article, in the magazine forum within the next couple of days.

Oh, and thanks to Mason for officially changing my name [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best Regards,
CoLLin
Old 06-02-2007, 05:09 PM

i seem to get minraised from the sb to my bb ALL THE TIME lately and it really gets on my nerves. its always from losing players who dont know what theyre doing. (if a solid reg did this id assume monster) i finally started repushing almost ATC and i was shocked to see these guys fold like 80% of the time.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:10 PM

also i like the artcile much more for purpose of MTTs than sngs. maybe cause while 8 tabling you dont have time to determine the reasoning behind every unkown players raise.
and mtts are so long and there is so much more blind stealing involved IMO
Old 06-02-2007, 06:00 PM

2-26 could be an ok push with a very specific read on the raiser that he raises way too much and will fold to resteals frequently. I think you really know the opponent well for this specific play to be +ev.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:53 PM

I'm glad you mentioned this. I hadn't even paid attention to the actual stack size, since Colin hadn't given the particulars regarding the stack sizes of the others. Of course, he did give hero's stack size, but I didn't use that, but made up my own scenario. I had hero having 16xBB, a hand of Q7s, and played around with different assumptions. All of them wound up with the Q7s resteal being very profitable, assuming you are reasonably accurate that villain really is stealing (e.g. 2/3 chance he's stealing).

I was curious as to what the ideal stack size for considering a resteal would be. Too small, and you get called. Too big, and it's too much of a risk for too little reward.

This has been an interesting thing to think about. In real life, I just fold all these hands, and wait until it's time to push. There definitely look to be some opportunities I've been missing.