Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2006, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Planning a perfect crime

Back before 9/11 I always thought using domestic airlines as a getaway would be a great idea. Since most bank robbers tend to hit banks within a 10 mile radius of their homes (yes most thieves are lazy), I thought it would be a good idea to be super mobile. Fly in to a city, rent a car, scope out a bank. Just before the heist, steal a car from a mall parking lot (not too close by so just in case the owners report it stolen while you are in the bank, you don't need the extra heat) rob it, getaway in stolen car, to rental car, to airport. It just seemed like no one was doing it like that. They always find the bank robber three blocks away in his/her apartment counting the cash. It just seemed so dumb. Now that security is so tight at airports, I don't think it would be too smart to use them as getaways... **sigh** I guess my life of crime was over before it started...

I always wondered how much you would clear from robbing banks? Can't be much, $5000 - $10,000 a shot? I guess the key would be high volume over a short period of time then stop once you reach your goal and disappear.

Oh and the key to getting away is to look like a shmoe. Cheap suit and briefcase while in the airport and the plane. Blend blend blend.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have an unhealthy addiction to Masterminds, which is a show on Court TV that tells you exactly how various heists and robbing sprees were committed. This has lead me to constantly think about how to rob a bank in my hometown. We all know the reason most criminals are caught is because of their own stupidity and not the genius of the local police. An example, I knew two guys in high school who robbed a local eatery for quite a bit of money. They then bragged about it to their girlfriends who ratted them out when they broke up.

Anyways, OOT has 95 of the smartest 100 people in the country. I think everyone here should be able to come up with a plan on how to rob some place in their hometown. It can be anything, your plan can be anything. Create something that for a one time shot would be foolproof. Also include what about your specific town would make this work. An example of mine is that it is spread out over huge area but the small population leads to not many cops on patrol.

Don't rush it, I will post my prefect plan after I wake up. Put your minds to work!!

Disclaimer- If you actually are going to preform a robbery, it would be good to leave yourself out of this thread. Don't be that guy who gets caught becuase he wanted the accolades of an internet forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

My perfect crime would be to get people on an internet message board to mastermind a crime specific to their geographic locations. I would then choose the best plan, go to that area and commit the crime. Afterwards, I would "tip" police in the area about the post.

I'm off scott free. I love how gullible people can be...

Remember, the only way three people can keep a secret is if two are dead.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:59 AM

4) Don't leave any witnesses.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Back before 9/11 I always thought using domestic airlines as a getaway would be a great idea. Since most bank robbers tend to hit banks within a 10 mile radius of their homes (yes most thieves are lazy), I thought it would be a good idea to be super mobile. Fly in to a city, rent a car, scope out a bank. Just before the heist, steal a car from a mall parking lot (not too close by so just in case the owners report it stolen while you are in the bank, you don't need the extra heat) rob it, getaway in stolen car, to rental car, to airport. It just seemed like no one was doing it like that. They always find the bank robber three blocks away in his/her apartment counting the cash. It just seemed so dumb. Now that security is so tight at airports, I don't think it would be too smart to use them as getaways... **sigh** I guess my life of crime was over before it started...

I always wondered how much you would clear from robbing banks? Can't be much, $5000 - $10,000 a shot? I guess the key would be high volume over a short period of time then stop once you reach your goal and disappear.

Oh and the key to getting away is to look like a shmoe. Cheap suit and briefcase while in the airport and the plane. Blend blend blend.

[/ QUOTE ]
you know they x-ray all of your bags right?
Old 02-28-2006, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

you know they x-ray all of your bags right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't put the money in your bags! You wear it. If I was putting enough time and effort in to this crime I would make a "fat" suit that has pockets inside. Fill the gut with cash and you are home free. Keep regular business stuff in the one carry on you have, cards, note pads and the like, but you CARRY the cash. Have you read "Breaking Vegas", the book about the MIT kids who were counting cards? Well they were transporting $100,000s of dollars on their bodies every flight. It's the only way to do it.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:33 AM

There's no law against carrying lots of money on you surely? But i imagine if you heisted somewhere nearbye they'd be on the lookout for suspicious folk with wads of notes.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:44 AM

Dude if you rob a bank just by handing the teller a note or something you should get no more than a couple grand.

The thing to do if you are robbing banks is go from place to place. Steal a car, drive to the bank rob it, drive back to your car, drive away (like to another state) and do it again in a few weeks, it'll take a while for the pattern to get picked up, and if you are always moving states you'll be ok for a long while.

Pretty lonely life though.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:47 AM

Just do whatever these guys int he UK are doing. Seems pretty easy to hit an armored car filled with tens of millions. diebitter, you need better security when you are cashing out your bankroll, my friend. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2006, 10:53 AM

don't leave your license on gary oldmans body.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:53 AM

The guys in the UK heist took all the cash from the actuall depot.

They kidnapped the depot owner and then later on went to his house dressed as policemen and told his wife and kids that he'd been involved in a road accident and that they (the fake policeman) were going to take his wife and kids to the hospital. Instead they took them to the depot where the manager was and threatened them with guns. Obviously the depot manager has to open the vault and does so. The theives have a truck ready and fill it with the contents of the vault, around £50 million ($85m). And thats it. They're pretty sure they've caught them now though and recovered a bit of the money.

So really it doesn't seem that hard to do a big robbery, especially in the UK where no one apart from the bad guys have guns.