Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Am I Pot Committed?

[ QUOTE ]
that's what happens when you over bloat the pot on the flop. you have no idea if you're good, and very likely you were shoving/calling any turn.

If you bet 3/4 the pot, you probably could have saved some money.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I hate this position -- I mean, I'm ahead on that flop, but not by a lot. Being OOP sucks. Should I maybe just check this flop even? Shove to a bet?
Old 06-05-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's what happens when you over bloat the pot on the flop. you have no idea if you're good, and very likely you were shoving/calling any turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree completely. JJ isn't a big pot hand - by bloating the pot, that's what makes these decisions tough. Bet smaller preflop. Bet around 66-75% of the flop. In this case, you've raised pf from a weak position and bet out a significant amount on the flop. If he shoves or reraises you significantly, I think you have to fold unless you have a read or know him to be extremely laggy. If someone raises you, I think you're behind a lot of the time - he's not raising with AK or AQ on this flop, unless it's suited, in which case you are a dog to his 15 outs. If he has slowed played AA, KK, QQ, you're donesky and if he has a set (very possible), you're also donesky.

I'd probably bet about 50% pot on the turn and if called, play cautiously. If raised big on the turn, you have to lay it down imo.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also agree and admit that I commit that fallacy of slightly overbetting the pot in the hope that others notice something like "Oh, he has a better hand than usual - let's better fold this time". 3/4 does (almost) the same job as 5/4 here.