Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: $10 NL - TT in Blind vs. Blind (Play along with me)

1) i don't think we can call here...i am going to push there...he might be on some odd bluff and minraising twice with AA...I don't know i figure a guy who feels like minraising it once would just flat call there...

2) i mostly c/f oop vs an unknown even in the blind battle...but to begin with I'd have 3-bettet pf anyway^^
Old 06-04-2007, 07:53 PM

Also in option1, if you're gonna raise then raise. I would have prob made it about 3 to go maybe 3.5.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB seems to be an idiot. Flat call play for a set, dont punish him for being an idiot. You did punish him however.

In option 2. Its a two horse race bet to make him fold. If he gets upity, listen to the man. However you checked. Im not saying this is the wrong thing to do, however I personally would have bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably jumped a step by putting in the check. Option 1 is how the hand actually played out. I just assumed that if we called his 3-bet pre-flop we would be checking to open the flop action.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:34 PM

By enacting option 1 you are making the decision that he holds worse than 10 10. Therefore no matter what happens after that, you are playing really bad poker if your subsequent actions contradict that decision. Or in short, the only way to continue this as good poker is to continue raising preflop.

Option 2, (the better option imo), I would probably check/call, maybe check/raise. Betting makes it too easy for villain to make the correct decision. Checking allows him to represent, and thus continue betting with an inferior hand. This creates value in continuing with your marginal holding.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:40 PM

You gotta lead out on that flop, make him make the tough decision. Take what he gives you. If he reraises, you're gone.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:21 PM

Option 1: Shove. Easy.

Option 2: I would not call preflop so this would never happen. If he called me I am leading with a pot or near pot sized bet.

Tens are a sick hand HU. In the blinds, four handed in NL10..? You have teh nuts.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:07 AM

Thanks for the replies. After I played this hand, I felt that I had overplayed it, but I thought about it and realized I wasn't really sure how to play it otherwise. After 10 or so responses, there still isn't a consensus as to how it should be played.

In this hand, I 4-bet pre-flop, and as others have said I was committed to getting all-in at that point. The problem I have with this is that in retrospect I feel we are in horrible shape against his range if he calls/raises.

If he comes over the top of my 4-bet (which he did), what range can we possibly put him on? At $10 NL, even BVB, I can't see putting him on much more that AJ+, TT+ (maybe 99). Does anyone else assign a wider range here?

Of course the problem is that if I just called pre-flop, I feel lost on the flop. An overcard is going to flop most of the time, and there seems to be confusion as to the best way to handle this. Bet out, and fold to what will likely be a min-raise (based on pre-flop action)? Check and fold to a decent sized bet? Check and call to re-evaluate on the turn? If so what are we looking for on the turn?

As you can see, I am still pretty confused about this hand. If anyone could weigh in on these new thoughts and help clear my head, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:25 PM

This is a tough one without reads.

IMO a min raise here means any pair, Ak-Aj, maybe even kq, qjs against most donks at this level. For this reason I'm always going to reraise tens here in a blind battle against a donk like this. I would reraise to about 2.5 and call a shove.

Option 1: I don't like his mini reraise but imo it's a close call between a fold and a shove at this point. It's hard to say without actually being at the table.

Option 2: I would call and reevaluate on the turn.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:51 PM

This is a tough hand, if only because villian is at 60BB's. In a 100BB setting, i think calling for set value becomes more right, whereas here, you have several people just wanting to get it in with the TT. I'm personally not sure what i would do, although i would likely call his minraise pf if he was an unknown.