Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 06:26 PM

Default $10 NL - TT in Blind vs. Blind (Play along with me)

Here is a hand I played today that I felt totally lost on. The BB had only been sitting for about 5 hands, so no real read on him. I am pretty confident I played this hand poorly, so I am going to try to break it down step by step to see how I should have played it. I'll post part of the hand, wait for some replies, than post some more depending on the responses. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $10.75</font>
BB: $6.10
UTG: $5.20
BTN: $7.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.70</font>, Hero ???
Old 06-04-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: $10 NL - TT in Blind vs. Blind (Play along with me)

Calls
Old 06-04-2007, 06:35 PM

With no reads, I would fold this here since I like to play a bit conservatively without a read. On the other hand if I had a read that villain either 1) regularly tries to resteal with hand that TT is ahead of or 2) Is so aggressive preflop that at least half of his range is behind TT, I would shove here. We aren't getting our ~9:1 to call for set value, so just calling the 3-bet really isn't a good idea.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:39 PM

How has he lost his 4 bucks in 5 hands? or did he sit down short?

Old 06-04-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... I would fold this here ... We aren't getting our ~9:1 to call for set value, so just calling the 3-bet really isn't a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. 10x0.30 &lt; his remaining stack ... by a fair amount. Even if we were only calling for set odds, which IMO is daft, you must call.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How has he lost his 4 bucks in 5 hands? or did he sit down short?

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have mentioned this in the OP, he sat with $6.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:50 PM

re-raises to $2.10 and calls a shove. if your re-raise is just called, then push flops with no A or K in it.

since you're going broke against JJ+ anyway, your main goal in this hand is to extract as much money as possible from AK.

There is no way in hell i'm not putting half of a stack in with TT pre-flop in a blind battle.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:28 PM

Ok, so in 4 replies we have 2 calls, 1 fold, and 1 reraise with the intention of calling a shove. IMO, folding is completely out of the question. So lets look at the other two options. Option 1 is how the hand actually played out. Option 2 is somewhat hypothetical, but it is the flop from this hand.

Option 1: Raise to $2

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.70</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.30</font>, Hero ???

Option 2: Call and see the flop

2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.70</font>, Hero calls

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.40) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets ($.70-$1.40)</font>, Hero ???

How are we responding to his c-bet if it is say 1/2 pot, 3/4 pot or potsize?
Old 06-04-2007, 07:42 PM

Option1: you can be pretty confident that you are beat. With the small RR you have to call and hope you get lucky.

Option2: this is why just calling preflop is good IMO, the pot is reasonable you can prob call up to $1 as played.

I prob would have lead out for $1, so the BB had to make a decesion and you can get info from the way he reacts.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:47 PM

BB seems to be an idiot. Flat call play for a set, dont punish him for being an idiot. You did punish him however.

In option 2. Its a two horse race bet to make him fold. If he gets upity, listen to the man. However you checked. Im not saying this is the wrong thing to do, however I personally would have bet.