Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: WPT Bellagio 5 Diamond Thread

Did they show the hand where Hachem folded KK face up preflop against Mads Andersen. Did Andersen indeed have AA?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did they show the hand where Hachem folded KK face up preflop against Mads Andersen. Did Andersen indeed have AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was QQ (that Hach folded), and it was before the final table
Old 06-01-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hachem and Negreanu both played terribly...

[/ QUOTE ]

Negreanu played good for about the first 1/2 of the show. Once it got down to 3 players, just made some questionable plays. I actually thought Jim Hanna played the best. Made some good plays on pots, didn't see any huge leaks in his game. Should of called with 7's, but that's easy to say when you can see the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must say I was unimpressed with DN's play,as it did seem he was trying to do abit too much,and with the WPT blind structure the way it is.......EVERY CHIP you dont squander is precious.He had a big chip lead and,He DEF. played some hands abit tilty vs. Hanna to "try and outplay him post flop",and you just dont have that wiggle room at WPT Final Tables with their insane blind structures

As for big Jim Hanna........he seemed to play solid,but he he was also getting hit with the deck during that span,so its tough to mis-play the hands he was being dealt.

Joe Hachem I felt played his usual solid/patient game,,,,,,,,,,,,, and it also seemed he got rid of that "obnoxious-annoying" side of him we have spometimes seenof late(complaining ,whining when behind/outdrawn,kissing his wife every 12 seconds,etc).He actually acted like a complete gentlemen and congratulated good plays/hands when appropriate

Decent FT for a WPT evnent IMO though!

~stephen

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know about this...he was getting ready to totally lose it on the QQ hand if the river were to blank...he kept muttering how it happens everytime and forsure would have made a whining speech...he also ran into the crowd when he hit it and showed little class...its human emotion and i dont blame him at all...hes a great player but has issues with his emotions due to being so competitive
Old 06-01-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was it me or was DN mocking Hanna for laying down that TT...kind of felt like DN was being a bit of an ass there when he was saying he thought it "was funny to me".

I thought the same thing when I watched the program.
Daniel looked slightly on tilt, the comment and the cackling confirmed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this, Mike. I think Negreanu was laughing because 2 of his 6 outs were gone. He had been "running bad" (or so he probably thought, even though his loose play led to some poor decisions), so he was hoping to be in a coin flip against Hachem. Learning that he was now an actual underdog to 44 because of Jim folding two tens was just "more of the same" and made him laugh. That's how I took it.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:06 AM

i looked at his laughing as...

"its funny to me that this guy has been catching such great cards against me that he folds 10-10 because its probably the worst hand hes had"

i think dn was mocking him for sure
Old 06-01-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course he was a little po'd. How would you be feeling if you were in his shoes? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did it to himself. The KJ hand against Hanna's QJ Daniel misplayed. Daniel gave the free card that allowed the straight to get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree again, Mike. Daniel didn't misplay the KJ hand. On a board of AAK, holding KJ, you're way ahead or way behind. The only hands Jim can hold (if he's behind) that have more than 2 outs are JT and QJ, which have 4 outs, and QT, which has 3 outs. Every other holding, Daniel has crushed. Why not let him catch up to a pair and bet into Daniel?

Seriously, checking KJ on an AAK board HU in position is standard. If a Q had come off and Jim bet the turn and river and Daniel called down to win a nice pot, Sexton would have been praising Daniel's flop check. Such results-oriented thinking on Sexton's, and apparently your, part.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was it me or was DN mocking Hanna for laying down that TT...kind of felt like DN was being a bit of an ass there when he was saying he thought it "was funny to me".

I thought the same thing when I watched the program.
Daniel looked slightly on tilt, the comment and the cackling confirmed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this, Mike. I think Negreanu was laughing because 2 of his 6 outs were gone. He had been "running bad" (or so he probably thought, even though his loose play led to some poor decisions), so he was hoping to be in a coin flip against Hachem. Learning that he was now an actual underdog to 44 because of Jim folding two tens was just "more of the same" and made him laugh. That's how I took it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I took it as well.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:37 AM

Folding 77 in HU flop 569 with two diamonds and 25% equity against all-in was one of the worst plays I have ever seen. He was priced in even against a bottom set and definitely against any draw but nooo...
Old 06-02-2007, 11:02 AM

This is first FT in a long while that I've actually enjoyed watching from start to finish. Not because of the play but because my mom is at my house the week and she watched it with me. She knows basically nothing about poker and to be able to explain to her what was going on and for her to get a new appreciation for my hobby (i'm not much of a mtt player, but still) was pretty sweet. I also got her to make a sidebet for an ice cream sundae on the winner once it got HU. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] She lives in La. and wanted Hanna to win. I 'fessed up in the end that I already knew who won and bought the treats. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course he was a little po'd. How would you be feeling if you were in his shoes? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did it to himself. The KJ hand against Hanna's QJ Daniel misplayed. Daniel gave the free card that allowed the straight to get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say he misplayed that hand...just b/c the free card that he gave him happened to be the one that killed him doesn't mean he misplayed it. When the flop came AAK he knows he can beat most every King and is dead to any Ace so exercising pot control was not a bad idea right?