Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: AKo 40-80 live.

If he is weak tight, what do you put him on when he raises the flop after coldcalling your UTG raise preflop? What range of hands would he make that call with? Would he fold AQ? Would he raise the flop without an ace? Would he call pre with something like KhJh or fold it?

Jeff
Old 05-26-2007, 01:06 AM

I say its AKh. A tight player wouldn't re-raise preflop after an UTG raiser with AKh. Too likely he could have aces. He would 4 bet you on the flop, in position, to get a free card in case you did flop a set of aces and he needed to hit his flush. Only other hand I see possible would be 45h and he raised on the flop in order to check the turn and try to hit by the river. With aces preflop he would have raised in order to isolate you. With only 1 heart in his AK he wouldn't have 4 betted the flop on a back door flush draw. With this read you must fold and be happy with your decision!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:18 PM

Brandon -

Not sure you mentioned what HIS image of you might be. You know he's tight. Does he know you know this?

Game is tight according to you. Are YOU playing tight also?

Who was this, Fred?
Old 06-01-2007, 07:44 AM

It wasnt Fred. Would of been a little easier to lay down against Fred because Fred would of played the hand stronger preflop.

He should view me as TAG. Hadn't really played many hands in awhile. The last hand I played against the villan was about a month before when I blasted him in a big 60-120 pot with AQ against KQ when we both a queen but he had the flush draw as well.

I called the turn. River was a brick. I checked, he bet, I asked him if he had AhQh and really want to muck my hand. But I call because I think I have a chance at chopping the pot. He had AhKh.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:12 AM

Call the turn, check call any nonheart river. If he's got AhKh, make a note, if he's got AA make a note, if he's got anything else you win at least half the pot.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:35 AM

I would have not 3 bet the flop without a heart in my hand against a player like that. But that's just me.