Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Fun Vacation places with the girlfriend?

not sure what kind of girl this is, but some sort of camping/hiking trip could be sweet...maybe yellowstone or something?

Also, she's probably suggesting Las Vegas because she thinks that'd make YOU really happy, she probably views it as some sort of gambler's paradise, when in reality it's not TOO great for an online poker player. So I'd recommend against Las Vegas or make sure she really wants to go herself.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:30 AM

Wow, I was going to say Chicago, but...

San Francisco, if you want to stay in the U.S. My friend lives out there. It's a great place to visit, and I think this is the best season to do so...

Out of the U.S., St. Lucia FTW, but you're going to end up spending more than $2000. Two flights will probably run $1000+ together. St. John or anything in the USVI is going to be cheaper. I know you said you're not a beach person, but there are other things to do...
Old 06-01-2007, 08:26 AM

I see you're in Chicago, so this wouldn't be too far. I took this trip last year with the girlfriend (soon-to-be wife) when we were looking for a little getawway, and we had a great time.

We went to Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH for a couple days at the end of the week (Wednesday/Thursday). We decided to go before the weekend when it wasn't too crowded, and I'd definitely recommend that. You've probably heard of it - crazy good roller coasters. They have little cabins on site that you can rent that were very reasonably-priced. A little charcoal grill out in front of each one, etc. There's a couple of dive bars around town you can find it you ask around that are a $10 cab ride away. Good times.

Then we drove the 90 minutes east and spent the weekend in Cleveland. Cleveland's not the epicenter of romanticism I guess, and you wouldn't even want to spend a week there, but it was perfect for a weekend. Got a nice hotel, hit a couple of nice restaurants, etc. The Rock and Roll HOF was cool. We were going to see and Indians game on Saturday (great stadium), but it was raining, so we scalped tickets to the Cavs/Pistons playoff game instead.

Not sure if that's the type of trip you're looking for, but we enjoyed it.

Hmmm... I see you might have issues with that trip because of the car thing. But if you can find a way around it, I'd recommend it.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:42 AM

Can't go wrong with San Fran for a few days and a side trip to Napa for a few more.

Also, I'm assuming you are 21 so I have to wonder why you think you can't rent a car? Some places won't rent you a car until you are 23, but other (like Dollar) do. You just might have to pay a little bit extra.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:55 AM

Go on a Cruise!!

I just got back from an 8 day cruise with my GF on NCL (They have freestyle cruising which is where its at). We left NY, went to Bermuda, Tortola, and St. Thomas. Tortola is the most amazaing place and the water is over 80 degrees. Its incredible.

Room for both of us : $2060
Excrusions: $300
Room Charges (AKA Alcohol): $400

You really don't need the excursions, you can get to most places on your own, we were just new at it and wanted to try everything.

I know its a little more than the $2g you were saying, but its a trip of a lifetime and you wont ever forget it
Old 06-01-2007, 08:59 AM

No cruise. Cruises are for old people to gorge.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No cruise. Cruises are for old people to gorge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not on this one. I would say it brokedown like this:
20% were between 21-25
50% were between 26-35
30% were 36+
Old 06-01-2007, 09:56 AM

My wife and I are going to Vegas in August and I admit I am a little nervous about her being bored. I got the poker room rate at the Bellagio, which means I have to play at least 6 hours a day. Not a problem for me, but she might get antsy, and I realize I won't be able to do my traditional Vegas trip where I sit at the tables for 14-18 hours a day.

We're definitely going to see Phantom and probably 1 or 2 other shows, and I'm certainly going to buy her a massage and turn her loose to shop in the Caesar's mall. And lots of sexy time of course.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't go wrong with San Fran for a few days and a side trip to Napa for a few more.

[/ QUOTE ]

'Chair and I did this last summer... it was so awesome. We took a half-day guided tour, walked all over the city, hit up some amazing restaurants, and did the Napa thing. Definitely recommended.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how much are you looking to spend?

Honestly, Ive always wanted to take a flask, a broad, and a bunch of coke to disney world for a week, and live it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont bring the coke on the plane.. Too Risky.. They have dealers on site at disney... Mickey Mouse will hook you up with some sick blow.. Also the guys with the "SECURITY" jackets on love being asked where to pick us some coke