Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Fun Vacation places with the girlfriend?

Alright, so I'm thinking of taking the mrs somewhere before I enter the working world. She wants to go to Las Vegas, but I feel like that wouldn't be much fun for her (WTF would she do??), and I'd spend most of my time in the 5/10NL Bellagio game. I don't have that many ideas. So far I've taken her to NYC and seen some plays and to Key West. Both were lots of fun.

Anyway, I don't have a car, so a roadtrip type of thing wouldn't work (I can't rent a car b/c I'm not old enough). Personally, I'm not a big beach person, but I'd be open to the possibility of a beach vacation I guess. I dunno, I'm curious about places you guys have taken your girlfriends (that were lots of fun).

Ohhh ya, and I havta pay for her flight, so it can't be anywhere too crazy like Hawaii er Europe. K good talk guys, let me know of any ideas.

Edit-- Ohhh Mr.guids brings up a good pt....I'd spend up to 2 grand (I mean more than that and she's paying for herself).
Old 05-31-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Fun Vacation places with the girlfriend?

how much are you looking to spend?

Honestly, Ive always wanted to take a flask, a broad, and a bunch of coke to disney world for a week, and live it up.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:30 PM

I just got back from Vegas with a chick and it was pretty fun. I had never gone on a trip where it was just me and the girl before.

If you can stay away from gambling for the most part, Vegas is still an awesome locale. Go see a show, eat at a nice restaurant, chill at the pool(although it is already very hot), and hit up a lounge/club.

The key to this is that you DON'T gamble too much and you spend time with her. Unless she enjoys gambling, in which case, it's win-win.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from Vegas with a chick and it was pretty fun. I had never gone on a trip where it was just me and the girl before.

If you can stay away from gambling for the most part, Vegas is still an awesome locale. Go see a show, eat at a nice restaurant, chill at the pool(although it is already very hot), and hit up a lounge/club.

The key to this is that you DON'T gamble too much and you spend time with her. Unless she enjoys gambling, in which case, it's win-win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya if we went to Vegas we'd definitely see some shows. I don't think it's realistic for me to say "I won't play poker." How can I go to Vegas during the WSOP and not play in some of those cash games?

I like your pool idea. I never considered that. Maybe if we go I'll get a nice hotel room so she can hang out at the awesome pool while I hang out at the awesome poker room.

I don't think she's ever gambled before; but, she's pretty desensitized to it given that throughout the school year she'd be like "How'd Poker go?" and I'd respond with something to the extent of, "Eh, I lost 3 grand," and she'd be like, "Oh, that's not bad."

However, I'd still like to consider some other ideas.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how much are you looking to spend?

Honestly, Ive always wanted to take a flask, a broad, and a bunch of coke to disney world for a week, and live it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha fun idea (minus the coke part). i'll havta consider that in the future--i've never been to Disney World.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:51 PM

There you go--she hangs out at the 'awesome pool' along with a lot of awesome looking men on the prowl. Great idea.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya if we went to Vegas we'd definitely see some shows. I don't think it's realistic for me to say "I won't play poker." How can I go to Vegas during the WSOP and not play in some of those cash games?

I like your pool idea. I never considered that. Maybe if we go I'll get a nice hotel room so she can hang out at the awesome pool while I hang out at the awesome poker room.

I don't think she's ever gambled before; but, she's pretty desensitized to it given that throughout the school year she'd be like "How'd Poker go?" and I'd respond with something to the extent of, "Eh, I lost 3 grand," and she'd be like, "Oh, that's not bad."

However, I'd still like to consider some other ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also send her to the spa and buy her a massage while you play. That will buy you a few hours.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:15 PM

Go to New Orleans. There's Harrah's if you still feel like gambling. There's mass drinking and fun to be had everywhere for you and girl. There's extremely good restaurants everywhere. There's lots of drunk willing girls that you could probably have a threesome with.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There you go--she hangs out at the 'awesome pool' along with a lot of awesome looking men on the prowl. Great idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i'm not the type to get jealous. i know she'd never cheat on me, and i don't care if she talks to random guys.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:47 PM

i took my girlfriend to cancun last summer and we had an awsome time. it's off season so it's not like spring break at all and the beaches are really beautiful. it's also very cheap so you can stay at a nice place and stay within your budget.

we went for 5 nights and stayed at a pretty nice hotel (not the most expensive in the city by any means, but the room was very nice and had a gorgeous view of the ocean (was only like 20 bucks more a night or something than non view) and the place was all inclusive so outside bar, swim up bar in the pool, bar in the lobby, and beers stocked daily in the mini fridge were all free. the food was also free but not great, although the snack and lunch food by the pool wasn't bad.

we also took a couple day trips which were fun. we saw some mayan (i think it was mayan) ruins and went snorkeling in the worlds largest (i think) natural fresh water aquarium which is like a little amusment park around the water (that is also all inclusive) and had a blast there.

if i remember correctly the flights and hotel room were 1500 and change, and the two day trips were maybe 200 or 300 for the two of us, not sure but totaled the trip was right around 2000. after we went her sister and boyfriend actually went since we had such a great time. i strongly recomend.